Bill B's AVR/aorta surgery: October 21st, 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, i think your way ahead of the game... you will do great. Im sending lots of prayers your way and good vibes....Danny

Wishing you the best of luck Bill, I'm sure you'll come through with flying colors. Hope to have the chance to say Hi in person the next few weeks at Stanford.

Wishing you all the best, Bill, for a successful surgery and a smooth, uneventful recovery. Looking forward to reading your updates when you are over the mountain!

Nadine

Oh, I sure do appreciate all the support here. I check-in tomorrow at 5am for 7:30 surgery. Pre-op day was smooth.

I am a prime candidate for a good result and speedy recovery. No coronary artery disease (and cholesterol 155, I just learned), no significant LVH, actually no symptoms whatsoever - just this teeny valve and big aorta.

I STILL have not decided whether biologic or mechanical. I talk with Craig Miller one more time this evening. Cutting it rather close, wouldn't you say? I've been beating this around and around, trying to convince myself that bio will somehow work out better for me, BUT at 62 with NO co-morbidity, my life expectancy is just too long (hah!). There are ways of looking at this that can make the bio valve look OK - maybe even a toss-up. And there are a number of papers that argue this, based on improved results with reop.

Anyway, SOMETHING is going in there tomorrow along with a hunk of aortic graft.

I won't have Web access again, as far as I know, until I get discharged. Maybe when I get to the floor from stepdown. Don't know. So, there may be a news blackout. Maybe I can get my wife to post something in the post-op area.

Again, thanks for the encouragement.

It will be a joyous event just to wake up again tomorrow afternoon around this time. If that happens, I won't mind pain at all.

Bye for now,

Bill

I think they have WiFi in every room at Stanford. I remember Gail posting after
she was admitted. Maybe someone can post your progress for us?

Whatever valve you end up with, I am sure all will be well.. Miller is great!

All the best, and hope you hear from you soon.

Latest posts

Back