beta blockers and aching feet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

ok so is this weird or do beta blocker- ie metroprolol -cause your feet to ache at the end of long day? anyone or am i getting old at 39?

Hi Megan,

My feet ache all the time, especially after doing some exercise. I just figured that it was related to my heart condition. I do take metroprolol, but I know that my feet ached before taking metroprolol.

Regards,
Mimi

Atenolol is actually different from all of the other beta blockers, as it doesn't pass through the blood-brain barrier. Metoprolol is the same as Lopressor or Toprol. It's a different compound from Atenolol.

I used to think that would mean Atenolol was a less dangerous drug, until it gave my wonderful wife a lifetime case of drug-induced psoriasis.

Best wishes,

thank you, Bob. that's what my dr told me but I know how much you have studied this stuff and I will believe you instead.

I have the driest skin imaginable and nothing I do ever helps. this must be the reason why. Never had psoriasis but have suspect spots and maybe that is what caused that, too. I have been on it since 2000 now so guess it's too late to do anything about it. Dr gave me metopropol but it made me cough more so went back to atenolol. It's also cheap - just got a refill of 69 25mg pills and cost was .75! guess I will put up with the dry skin.

Thanks for your info. I always depend on you to give us facts. Have watched your studies from day one and you have learned so much and to make it even better, you keep us in your loop.

Latest posts

Back