Best Case Against Surgery Now? What is it?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick up a metric ruler and look at it. There isn't really that much difference between 4.9 and 5.5. In English that is 1.93 inches and 2.17 inches. How can they be sure it is that accurate? So why do they say one is safe and one is life threatening? The only reason to wait is if you know you are going to die in 6 months or so anyway, so why go through OHS.

Open Heart surgery.
Have you thought about contacting svensson again and asking him exactly why he recomends waiting, what test results or other things you may not know about are making him think you should wait? Maybe an email so you have in writing his thoughts and can reread everything? Sometimes when I'm talking to Justin's heart docs it is almost over whelming and everything we discuss and I'll email them and ask for clarifcation. Honestly if it were me , unless there was a really good reason I would not wait, I know he said something about starting the waiting process for the next surgery now, but really if you are only putting it off 1 year that shouldn't make a big difference in the next surgery and it seems to me the stress of this hanging over your head would not be worth waiting

Al you are hilarious!

Al you are hilarious!

#1 - You are a masochist and you want to "Feel the Burn" when your aneurism Disects or Ruptures.

#2 - As a Lawyer, you don't Trust anyone's description of a disection so you to want to experience it for yourself.

#3 - Being a highly competititve Type A personality (requirement for #2), you want to be able to "One Up" Ross with your tale of Survival!

#4 - ALL of the Above! :)

Al, you crack me up! So witty! Seriously!

I would not wait. I had a fast growing aneurysm and it snuck up from 4.7 to 7.0 (held from bursting, by previous scar tissue) in 2 years...I wish I could have had the surgery at 4.7 because at 7.0, the doctors all said it was a much riskier surgery.

All this makes me wonder...if my aneurysm grew fast last year, does that make it more likely that it has continued to do so, or do they ever just expand really quickly and then slow down for a while...?
I know this is a generalized question and everyone is different...just curious I guess.
Monday's MRI can't come fast enough. I am growing more anxious by the day.

I am so grateful for you all.
Melissa

Latest posts

Back