Barbara Walters having heart valve surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They say that there is no fear in Heaven. None of the Angels have fear, only love. We all come from love. We are all a piece of our Creator whom is all love, nothing but love. So why is it that we fear? Why are we not always up-beat, totally positive and filled with pur unconditional love? I am so enthralled with all of the tension associated with AVR. I have to have this surgery done relatively soon. And I'm not ready. After reading that thread by Dan, it seems as though all hope is abandoned.

Sadly,

Joseph
This was written 3-4 days ago. Perhaps you've had your surgery by now. The surgery was no walk in the park for most of us. Necessary though. Hopefully you will be feeling much better very soon.

For what it's worth, by about five weeks post-op I was amazed at how much better I was feeling, particularly as contrasted with the long decline I hadn't before realized had been pulling me under with the native aortic valve's gradual deterioration. My experience isn't uncommon. Best wishes for a successful recovery.

Walk as instructed, work with the spirometer if and as instructed, rest a lot, and don't lift or push or pull too much too soon.

Though I wish Miss Walters all the best, and a speedy recovery, I get tired of hearing about celebrity illnesses. We average people go through these things and much worse on a daily basis. To all of the people out there who are not famous, and are facing a very scary thing, my thoughts and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. Trust in God, we don't always understand his plan, but he does indeed have one for each of us.

Were it not for celebrity illness and recovery then people who'd never hear otherwise may not access the care or support that's available and even scarier than that possibility, that they need. Celebrity focus just means that more people are becoming educated about the lesser known aspects of our hearts and the parts that go with them. Knowledge saves lives and caring support makes that knowledge easier to understand.

I too send my best thoughts out to everyone who is experiencing all that life throws at our hearts. Walk, rest, eat, rest, walk, rest, and repeat as necessary.

Take Heart
pam

Were it not for celebrity illness and recovery then people who'd never hear otherwise may not access the care or support that's available and even scarier than that possibility, that they need. Celebrity focus just means that more people are becoming educated about the lesser known aspects of our hearts and the parts that go with them.

Pam, you are so right. Look at the awareness that the death of John Ritter produced. His wife has really worked to educate people about aortic dissection. I know that whenever a famous person is mentioned as having Marfan Syndrome more and more people find out about it and more lives can be saved. Most people never know what Marfan is when I say the name. but, when I mention Jonathon Larsen, who wrote Rent or say it is the disorder that Abe Lincoln may have had, many people can then connect. The awareness caused by "celebrity" illness could end up helping us so called normal folks.

Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing your light with me. It is most appreciated. After reading so many wonderful stories I've a new sense of enthusiasm surrounding this surgery. I'm coming to realize that I am going in to get "Fixed" as opposed to getting murdered. If GOD takes me, I'm sure that I will be with HIM in Heaven for all eternity. And if so, I will try to ask for wings to help all of those I left behind on earth come to realize that this is not the end, but only the beginning.

Love to you Kim, I would love to hear more of your story. Why so many surgeries? Best, Joe

Back