Back to ER w/ crazy rhythm

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart feels like a car that's about to stall out. I got my hospital records and they all say sinus tach with PVCs. I'm not sure if that's why it feels like that or if I'm noticing something new. Tomorrow I'll have my cardiologist set me up with Dr. Pinsky at Cleveland Clinic asap. I can live like this anymore.

Good luck Michelle! I'll be thinking of you. Just remember the old saying "this too will pass".

Take care

Thanks everyone. Some days I just feel so hopeless and helpless. I'm feeling a little better now, I know the vicodin was exacerbating my arrhythmias and my confusion. I'm off that for good, now let's hope the advil can manage this or back on prednisone I go. My cardio is giving me a few days, I had a rough time with the perdnisone last time. I still want to go to an EP, I hope I can get rid of some of the PVCs and a-flutter.

Michelle,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine how scary it must be when your heartbeat is going crazy like that. I think only people who have had brain or heart issues can understand how scary it is to have crazy stuff going on, because those are the most important parts of our bodies, definitely NOT something you want "stalling out" on you. My husband keeps telling me to try and relax and stay positive. And he's right, because that's the most important thing I can do right now. But at the same time, it's hard to get across to someone who hasn't felt it, just how scary it feels, and how hard it is to stay calm, when you have all kinds of scenarios running through your head.

It sucks to hear, but the best thing you can do is try to get rid of the "voice" in your head that's freaking you out and making you feel like this will never go away. That's the only place you have the power right now. Maybe try some deep breathing, or some meditation (sitting up, or the vicodin will put you out, lol), or prayer. If you'd like, I could send you some Reiki energy, if you're into that. It's energy healing, and it has helped me a lot. It's helping a little with what I'm going through, but hasn't eliminated it yet. But it sometimes makes the pain go away for a while. Just let me know if you're interested. Reiki can be done over distances, so I can send it to you any time, just ask.

Anyway, I hope this is resolved soon. And I hope the Vicodin helps a lot in the meantime. Good luck!

Thanks, I can use some positive energy. I stopped the narcotics, they helped the pain but made the rhythm worse. I think I'm very emotional now because I'm going to therapy to work out the trauma of surgery and being admitted two more times after that for complications and now going to the ER three times in the past week is bringing me back to square one emotionally. I want to put the surgery behind me but it's not letting me. I know it takes time to heal but I didn't realize that on my 3 month valveaarsary I'd be in the most pain I'd ever experience.

i just realized that it seems you have been taking ativan and vicodin together for some time now. do you think you could be experiencing withdrawal symptoms along with the other stuff you have going?

I think that PMS and switching from Xanax to Ativan may have done it. I've only been on viocodin less than a week this time so I'm fine getting off it especially since I seem to be less tachy off of it.

Michelle,

I'll send some Reiki to you right now. It can often help with stress or emotional issues too, and very often helps relax you and helps you sleep better. I hope it helps. I know it can be overwhelming when you're in the midst of traumatic stuff, but I know you'll work your way through it and come out the other side, and when you do, you'll be so glad you hung in there.

Also, just so you know, Reiki can have a detoxifying effect, similar to going on a very healthy diet, so for the next 48 hours, be sure to get some rest, try to get a good night's sleep, and drink plenty of water. That will facilitate your body's healing process.

And Malibu is right, be wary of withdrawal symptoms, I've heard they can be nasty and really mess with your head. Maybe the Reiki will help smooth the transition for you. Have you ever tried Vitamin D3 drops? They're not a replacement for those drugs, obviously, but I've used them and they really seem to help lift your mood. Most of us are Vitamin D deficient, especially in the winter time. I use the drops because they absorb better, and are easy to take. I got mine at the health food store, you really can't find good stuff like that at Walmart, etc. I don't think they would interact with any medications, but you should probably ask your doc or a pharmacist who knows what you're taking. Wish I could remember my brand. I'm out (darn it), but I know it had coconut oil as a base, and had virtually no taste.

And if you're not interested in my rambling above, just ignore it. ;-) I'm really into natural stuff, so I get all excited sharing it...even when I'm boring people with it!

Back