Back on the halter monitor again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden

starting on Wednesday. My heart rate has been going up and down, so we are gonna see what it causing it. I had some major changes about a month post surgery that required a helicopter ride and change of meds. I will let everyone know the results.

Good luck! I've been on a halter probably three times now: Found chronic atrial fibrillation, sometimes accompanied with a hummingbird-like rate of beating, punctuated with episodes of brachycardia. Well, the good news is that I'm here to tell the story.

When I was having my "racing heart" episodes they had me wear a 24 hour halter at least 5 or 6 times. Of course, my heart would know it was there and behave itself. I finally told them that if I didn't have such a reaction to the sticky probes (broke me out every time--looked like an octopus had grabbed me) I would wear one 24/7 to keep my heart in line :D . Hope they can pinpoint the cause and get you back on track.

May God Bless,

Danny

gadgetman said:
When I was having my "racing heart" episodes they had me wear a 24 hour halter at least 5 or 6 times. Of course, my heart would know it was there and behave itself.

That's always the way isn't it? And toothaches go away when you're at the dentist also :rolleyes:

Hayden, I wish you well and they find what is causing it. I am a "constant afib" person myself who has decided not to treat with meds (other than an increased coumadin range) because I notice it so rarely. I am lucky, tho.

Hayden, who's your cardiologist? Just curious.... I see Dr Chandra with University Cardiology Associates.
Carolyn

perkicar said:
Hayden, who's your cardiologist? Just curious.... I see Dr Chandra with University Cardiology Associates.
Carolyn

My Surgeon was Sebastin Pagni with University Cardiothoracic at Jewish Hospital. He is part of Layman Gray's Group.

My Cardiologist is Wayne Shugoll with Comonwealth Cardiologist.

Latest posts

Back