Back in the land of the living.....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

joey

Hey...hey. Guys I'm back home .Woke up with a spanking new Carpentier Eddward tissue valve . Discharged from the Medical Centre after 4 days Have spent a week at a sea resort. Walking 30 minutes twice a day. Felling well, looking forward to the day I will beable to beable to sleep on my side.

Joey:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Way to go! Another inspiration fo my upcoming journey. Keep up the good work!
Steve

Well, look at you - how good you look. And sound. Congratulations, Joey and welcome to the good side of the mountain. You are recovering at an amazing speed. The restful side-sleeping will come before you know it.

Hi Joey-

GREAT news, great job. And you managed a mini-vacation at a seaside resort. Now that's something everybody should do!

Congratulations on having it all behind you.

Hey Joey,
Congratulations! Sounds like everything went very well for you and I am glad. Now just remember to take it easy for awhile and your recovery should go just as well.
Take Care

Dave

hi joey!
that is such great news!!! you sound great!
what resort did you go to? and, where do you live?
my niece is a photographer and spends a lot of time in israel. her boyfriend lives there.
i'm so glad to see that you are well on your way to recovery.
stay well, sylvia

Hi Joey

Congratulations and WELCOME HOME!!! You have alot to look forward to! May every day get better and better.

Evelyn

Way to go, Joey

Way to go, Joey

Always so good to hear about a great success. In case you haven't tripped over our post-surgery mantra - breathe breathe breathe walk walk walk nap nap nap. It's the magic combination.

Stay in touch.

Congratulations Joey!

Sea resort!!!!! Wow, wished I'd thought of that! What a great way to begin recuperation.

Karlynn

Way to go Joey!

I thought I was doing great - how did you wangle the sea resort?

Glad to hear you are down the other side!

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you all for such a warm welcome home. The resort had a full time doctor and some nursers. Food was great but it's nothing like being home. Experiencing very little pain, trying to walk as much as possible I have take Coumadin for three months
only .

Joey:) :) :) :) :)

Joey,

Welcome to the other side! Sea REsort? CooL! I'm impressed. We should all be able to recovery in such a surrounding! Good for you! Glad to hear you're doing so well! Remember the drill: NAp! Nap! NAP! Breathe! Breathe! Breathe and of course Walk! Walk! Walk! May you have a speedy recovery!

No big deal....

No big deal....

Hi Lorrain , It's no big deal in Israel to go to a 5 star Cardiac Recuperation Centre There are many along the coast line . They normally take up one or two floors of a hotel. Another advantage is that almost all the costs are payed by our various local health insurance companies. Every day you get lectures, gym, and dam good food .

Joey

Sounds like we need to do that here in the US. Maybe it would encourage the procrastinators to go ahead and have the surgery.

Karlynn

Welcome home, Joey! We definitely need to import the concept of sea-side recovery resorts. :D

Maybe our "over the mountain" analogy could be changed to "crossing the sea". . .

Hey, Joey, glad you're back and doing so well. Sounds like you have a better answer to the recovery room than we have here in the US.

Can I use my "dual citizenship" to take advantage of Israel's health care system?

Duel citizenship

Duel citizenship

Shalom Steve, if you have been a good boy and still pay your dues to "Kupat Cholim" yes you would be entitled to enjoy. However it is a long way to come for one week. Why not get Kupat Cholim to start up centres in the USA I am sure they will not be short of clients.

Regards Joey

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Man, I not only didn't get rehab but now I find out about these nice seaside recovery resorts. I did things all wrong!
Best wishes for a continued great recovery!!!
Heather

Latest posts

Back