Back here after years.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikiVix

I joined here around 10 years ago after aotric valve replacement. This past year, September 2015, I was informed I needed another valve so I found a wonderful new cardiologist and surgeon who also found that I needed my whole aorta replaced along with the valve. Apparently my aorta was damaged in the first surgery years ago which no one told me. After being home from the hospital two weeks, my heartbeat got weird and I was put back in with bad afib which they couldn't control with meds so I also got a pacemaker. This was quite a scarey ordeal. I'm doing great although fearful and worrisome along with a little bit of depression but nothing severe. I see my cardiologist tomorrow for an echo to check to make sure all is well and find out if I can return to working. Glad this site still exists so I have heart friends to communicate with.

Welcome back, Viki. That certainly was a scary ordeal and I'm glad you are now on the other side. I would be worried and somewhat depressed, too. Do you have familly and friends to help you? I know you will find support here.

I do have family, my daughter who lives nearby and neighbors who are friends but I'm glad for the people here who can relate. Thank you for responding.

Welcome back. I have been here for some time. Had to leave for a short while getting credit card debt paid off and come in off and on. Glad to have you back.

So sorry to read that you've had to go through another surgery with additional complications, but I'm glad you found your way back to the forum. I've been a member since 2004 so some of us are still around. Best wishes, Mary

Hi, Viki!

I was still in The Waiting Room when you were last active here, but I also made it to The Other Side of the Mountain. I, too, had heart rhythm issues following aortic valve replacement, and also have a pacemaker. If yours goes anything like mine has, the only way I am reminded that I have the pacemaker is when I see myself in the mirror with my shirt off. Once you have all the options and adjustments set correctly for your lifestyle, the pacemaker is about invisible in daily life.

If you have any questions or concerns about the pacemaker, feel free to ask away here, or also you can catch some of us at Pacemaker Club (another web site).

Welcome back!

Latest posts

Back