Back at it ya'll

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Thief

I havent been here much the past 2 months. If you don't know me, I had AVR in Nov 2013, recovered well, but then came down with Bacterial Endocarditis and a dehisced valve 3 months later; then emergency OHS AVR redo on March 15th, 2014. Tomorrow will be 5 months post OHS #2. I've been cycling to hopefully ride in the Levi's Gran Fondo century (100 mile) ride in 2 months. Another Valver named Matt (I forget his username) will be doing it as well. He & I registered for the ride after my 1st surgery, when he was receiving his 2nd. I've also been rock climbing again. The attached video was taken about a month ago at my local indoor rock climbing gym. For those of you that are unfamiliar, I am following a route that is marked with colored tape. The difficulty is V4, which at 4 months post op, wasnt too bad for me. I'm now climbing some V6. Check out the vid:
http://youtu.be/Wx1gEFr-zWw?list=UUS50KzUJMvFB40eRpgonCAg

Glad to see that you're back at your very active lifestyle! Your experience should help alleviate fears some have pre-surgery that replacement or repair will adversely affect their physical activities. Best wishes going forward.

Good to see you climbing again Anthony. I am still planning to ride the fondo. I surfed for the for time since surgery yesterday. On Aug. 27 I'll be six months out.

matt

I am 7 weeks post surgery (AVR) and will be doing a 100k rally this weekend. Started back on the bike 4 weeks after surgery doing a slow 30 mile ride. Upped that to 42 on week 5 and 58 miles last Satruday plus a 30 mile ride on Sunday. Will do a 20 mile tuneup on Weds before the rally on Saturday. My speed has also increased along with the milage by over 1.5mph since that first ride on Week 4. I am also up to 50 pushups (all at once) per day trying to build to 70. Sternum cut was a mini so only a 4 inch scar. (Age 62 planning on Endurance Cycling races next year - solo 12 hour time trials - Ultra Cup).

Latest posts

Back