Baby Grace

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa in Katy

Many of you probably heard about Baby Grace in the media back in 2007. A little girl's body was found on an island in Galveston Bay. Those involved in the investigation named her Baby Grace, and after some time, they were able to identify her. The mother and stepfather were arrested and gave statements about the horror of what happened to her in the last several hours before she died. I've never heard anything so disgusting. The mother's trial began this week and in her testimony she said that Riley (the little girl's real name) looked at her and said "I love you" during the beating.

How can anyone be this cruel to an innocent baby? They are being tried for capital murder, but prosecutors aren't seeking the death penalty. If anyone deserves to die, it is definitely this couple.

Lisa there are some really sick puppies in our society. Some of them, I don't know why we waste time and tax payers money trying them. Some should simply be disposed of.

Child abuse is one of the vilest crimes committed. I did a lot of volunteer work in the field of child abuse and neglect. I saw and heard horrific things. I know the dynamics of how and why such things happen, but none of it excuses behavior like that.

Like pedophiles, I don't think there is much help for those who would abuse a child or animal which is where many of them get started (by abusing animals).

There are monsters among us.

I can't understand how anyone could abuse/murder anyone, let alone little kids. I get sick to my stomach every time I hear about child abuse or any of that.

They probably couldn't come up with a second felony to charge them with. In Texas, last I looked at it, you can only get the death penalty if you commit murder while engaged in another felony. Unless you kill a cop.
Pity. "Hangin's too good for 'em."

Such stories make me cry...any child's tears, pain, or sadness make me cry and aches my heart...How evil can one be to do these things:(:eek:
Our system needs to be modified...such criminals should not be tried...If not death penalty, then may they live in agony and suffering for the rest of their lives in prison and in solitude!
While I lived in Va. a teenager killed his mother while he was intoxicated and they argued. Unfortunately, she was a co-worker of mine. The judge sentenced him to life in prison right away without a trial. If he could do it, why not other judges do it?

They probably couldn't come up with a second felony to charge them with. In Texas, last I looked at it, you can only get the death penalty if you commit murder while engaged in another felony. Unless you kill a cop.
Pity. "Hangin's too good for 'em."

Actually, murder of an individual under 6 years of age is capital murder in Texas and can result in the death penalty. They are trying them for capital murder, just not seeking the death penalty.

Here's what the paper said. "Sistrunk, the district attorney, decided not to seek the death penalty because of a state appeals court decision saying that the death penalty isn?t appropriate in cases involving parents accused of killing their children." So what, because it is her child that makes it not so bad???? This infuriates me. I realize that not all states have the death penalty, but I don't want a penny of my tax dollars to support the scumbags.

Child abuse cases are so hard to hear about & I think devils such as those that commit these crimes should be punished to the fullest including the death penalty however, I think that putting them to death would be too kind considering the agony they have inflicted on an innocent child!

We had a horrific child abuse case in my home town, Baby Brianna, some years back. It was one of the most brutal & horrific child abuse cases recorded in our state! The infant child was tossed around like a football by her father, uncle & mother & sexually abused by all until they eventually killed her. She was only 6 months old! Simply disgusting!

Child abuse cases are so hard to hear about & I think devils such as those that commit these crimes should be punished to the fullest including the death penalty however, I think that putting them to death would be too kind considering the agony they have inflicted on an innocent child!

We had a horrific child abuse case in my home town, Baby Brianna, some years back. It was one of the most brutal & horrific child abuse cases recorded in our state! The infant child was tossed around like a football by her father, uncle & mother & sexually abused by all until they eventually killed her. She was only 6 months old! Simply disgusting!

I personally always thought instead of the "nice painless" death penalty they should treat the murderer exactly how they treated the victim.

I feel the same way, Sheridan and Lynn, at the moment I hear such news and rage with anger ,,, but will I do it?! No, as I shall become as evil as they are. I believe they will be tortured/pay the price of their actions in a way or another!

What we should do is to try to raise our voice of disapproving their being tried!! no need to spend any of our tax money on such trials!

Child abuse is one of the vilest crimes committed. I did a lot of volunteer work in the field of child abuse and neglect. I saw and heard horrific things. I know the dynamics of how and why such things happen,

There are monsters among us.
I agree humanity is populated by angels and demons. Too bad there are
more of the latter. I was taught in an abnormal psych class years ago
that abuse was relatively uncommon in other cultures,and historically
abuse was primarily in England.Now that the world is becoming unicultural,
I don't know if it still applies. Was curious what you thought of this theory?
But I agree with the others,especially in our rough economy,why pay to
feed and house people such as these? There are non-criminal homeless
that we don't treat half as well:confused:

"I was taught in an abnormal psych class years ago
abuse was primarily in England"

Personally I disagree with that statement, just my own opinion. One of the worst cases of child abuse right here where I live was within a family from another country in the Caribbean. And we were taught that abuse crosses all lines, economic, religious and cultural. It happens everywhere and in almost all societies.

However, I do believe that many cultures don't even recognize what we think of as abuse, as an aberration. I think it is just part of living in many societies.

In a lot of societies, children and women have no status. Yes, yes, I am sure there are others where this is not the case.

I also think many, many cases of child abuse go unreported in this country. It is a hidden shame like spousal abuse.

"I was taught in an abnormal psych class years ago
abuse was primarily in England"

Personally I disagree with that statement, just my own opinion. One of the worst cases of child abuse right here where I live was within a family from another country in the Caribbean. And we were taught that abuse crosses all lines, economic, religious and cultural. It happens everywhere and in almost all societies.

I'm very much inclined to agree with you. Look at the cultures that partake in female circumcision, child brides (who often suffer horribly from giving birth before their poor little bodies are ready), women routinely stoned/set on fire/amputated/strangled... for the slightest misdemeanors, the foot binding of the Chinese, just to think of a few other cultures off the top of my head.

Sadly people really are little more than animals sometimes, except animals aren't deliberately malicious and cruel :(

I was also very disgusted to realise (when I used to date a cop some 15 years ago) that crimes against children would not elicit more than a 7 year sentance - for any crime!! I don't know if this is still the same, but I was just floored that just by being under a certain age, your life wasn't considered as worthy as that of someone older.

It's a sad, screwed up world out there :(

I agree with Nancy. Abuse reaches across boundaries, but what is defined as abuse varies between cultures. I read about a situation many years ago where a man from another country was holding his 8 yo daughter in his lap at a public event and openly fondling her. He was arrested. His justification was that in his country this was considered natural. I can't remember the country, but the author of the article did a little research and found that he was telling the truth.

Nancy and others-thanks for response:
The class I took was at UofL in '86,and I wasnt inclined to swallow it
whole,but was curious about it in spite of me being as Anglo-Celtic as
one can get.More recently I have read that it's the very specific,and
mostly now extinct cultures such as the American Indians and other
tribes with earth-based religions who know nothing of child/spouse abuse.
I read that the Semai of Malaya don't have a specific word for 'hitting'
that this word is the same as killing when hunting.Most of this I read
in Jensen's novel-"A Language Older Than Words",which is a little
extreme for popular consumption,but with alot of truths through-out.

* Was trying to remember the Instructor of this class and figure
out if she were biased...this may have been the case,but not sure.

Don't worry all. Solitary isn't where you want them to be put. General population is the key. I don't have the stats but I did read a report that the life expectancy for a child abuser in prison is very short. Most of the people in prison were abused and they don't take kindly to that type of person. I'm sure they will live in hell before they get to go there. Jeffery Dahmer only made it 2 years

Don't worry all. Solitary isn't where you want them to be put. General population is the key. I don't have the stats but I did read a report that the life expectancy for a child abuser in prison is very short. Most of the people in prison were abused and they don't take kindly to that type of person. I'm sure they will live in hell before they get to go there. Jeffery Dahmer only made it 2 years

Yep, this is what I've heard too. Child molesters/child killers are considered to be the lowest of the low by the other inmates & their lives are very short lived!

Latest posts

Back