Average blood pressure with medications

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronmaninTraining

Over the last week I have been feeling alittle different. Slight dizziness and lightheaded but nothing major it seems to be getting every day but is just slightly out of normal. On Monday I moved a 1/2 yard of rock into my basement for a renovation. I did half buckets and took my time. I called my doctor Friday to explain and they asked me to take my blood pressure throughout the weekend.
I took my bp two times with this morning being 124/66 and just now 123/75. Should I be worried my systolic is just over normal in prehypertension range. I would think my higher number would be lower due to me taking metorporal 50mg once a day and benzaperil 10mg once a day. Any help on this would ease my mind until Monday when I talk to them again.

I meant to say I have been feeling less symptoms as the week went on with incremental improvement. Also I don't know if the rock was the definite issue as I stupidly had a coffee late in the evening which kept me up all night only getting 2 hours sleep.

I'm not sure if your cardio has set any targets for you, but that might help put your mind at ease. My cardio feels comfortable if my AM BP reading (before the day's dose of metoprolol) is even mid-140's over upper 80's. That's where I am, before morning meds. By afternoon, at my usual cardio appointments, I'm around 125/75, and doc says he may reduce my BP meds to allow my pressure to go a bit higher. His logic is that my prosthetic tissue valve is "stiffer" than a natural valve, and higher pressure will allow it to open more fully.

At any rate he is OK with it and I feel fine in the range of 125/75 to 145/85 or so.

Back