As the date draws near.....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheriejolay

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Northern California, about 30 miles from Lake Taho
My husband and I leave for Mayo (Rochester) in about three weeks. (flying out on Dec. 20th). Am I scared. Yup. Am I obsessessed? Nope, cuz our big Christmas musical opens tonight. If I haven't mentioned it before, my 11 yr old son, and I are in a musical, that opens now, until Dec. 19th. It's a big deal around here......we do 14 shows, and an estimated 10,0000 people attend over that time.

My son has one of the leads, and I'm part of the "all cast" (I DO get to do a little sumpin sumpin extra, singing in a trio :eek:) We started rehearsals last August, and have worked really hard.

Not gonna lie.....it's a little difficult to do the singing AND dancing, with the shortness of breath that I get, but it's totally doable. It was important to me, to see this through, THEN go get my valve fixed. Unfortunately, because of my max "out of pocket", that puts me in Minnesota over Christmas, and that's a bummer.

I'm ready to get "fixed", though. Hoping that I can stop taking some of the meds they have me on. Hoping that my stamina increases, and that I will feel "Mahvelous, Darling".

I keep sending Mayo emails, to be SURE it's really happening! So far, so good! So, again, we fly out on 12/20, arrive LATE (staying at the Kahler), arrive early at the clinic 21st for first of three days of testing, consultations, and procedures.

Our church family has been very supportive......in prayer, AND with some financial gifts. We are blessed with my parents, who live nearby, and will be keeping our son, while we're away. So MANY blessings.

Welp, just wanted to check in, and let you know I'm still "out here", just been super busy with work, and this play.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cherie, What a handsome looking family you have. I think it is probably a great thing that you are involved in your musical with your son...what a great way to keep busy and keep your mind off of what's coming up. You'll be fine when you get there, assuming you can keep from freezing to death! Please keep us posted on how things are going and know that we will be thinking about you.

Kim

Hoping all goes well for you and your family at this Christmas Time season.I will pray for you and hope that your AVR is as successful as mine was a week ago.

What a beautiful family you are.
I had my first OHS days before Christmas and all went well. I think the staff try to spread a little extra kindness for those of us in bed on Christmas Day. I had wonderful care at Mass General and I'm sure you will have the same at Mayo. They know there are lots of places we'd rather be.

Enjoy your play and bring all those happy memories with you as you travel to Mayo.
Wishing you the very best.
Please let us know how you are doing post op.

Hi Cherie,

I was in the hospital last Christmas (well, Thanksgiving and New Years Day too!) in California also far away from my Seattle home. I was able to have a very nice Christmas. My wife arranged to use an extra room on the ward that had a kitchen type table and brought a Christmas meal, including some decorations. For sure it brought some Christmas cheer to me, who after 7 weeks in the hospital, needed it. I hope you find some Christmas cheer during your stay as well.

Back