Arrhythmia's still

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

Hello all!
Well it has been 8 months after my AVR and I am doing well but seems my arrhythmia's are getting worse instead of better. I have them everyday, sometimes only a few hours but most of the time is seems they last all day. If you remember I moved from the Chicago area to a small town in NW Iowa, no cardioligist here, them have to come in from Sioux Falls SD. I have a doctor here, which I saw last week and I had an echo. My mitral valve leaks a little, but nothing to be concerned about and the new valve is working great. He had me wear a halter monitor for 24 hours and he did see the arrythmias but he said it was not bad (even though I don't like them). He said I may have had them before the surgery but never noticed, but I really don't think so because I would have noticed this. When I have them I feel weak and sometimes dizzy, maybe it is in my mind?
Wednesday I will see my new cardio for the first time, maybe he can help me with these arrhythmia's.
I am still taking a low dose of lowpressor. I really thought by now these arrhythmia's would have stopped or at least lessened but seems to happen more often. I sure hope my new cardio is a good one!

Hello all!
Well it has been 8 months after my AVR and I am doing well but seems my arrhythmia's are getting worse instead of better. I have them everyday, sometimes only a few hours but most of the time is seems they last all day. If you remember I moved from the Chicago area to a small town in NW Iowa, no cardioligist here, them have to come in from Sioux Falls SD. I have a doctor here, which I saw last week and I had an echo. My mitral valve leaks a little, but nothing to be concerned about and the new valve is working great. He had me wear a halter monitor for 24 hours and he did see the arrythmias but he said it was not bad (even though I don't like them). He said I may have had them before the surgery but never noticed, but I really don't think so because I would have noticed this. When I have them I feel weak and sometimes dizzy, maybe it is in my mind?
Wednesday I will see my new cardio for the first time, maybe he can help me with these arrhythmia's.
I am still taking a low dose of lowpressor. I really thought by now these arrhythmia's would have stopped or at least lessened but seems to happen more often. I sure hope my new cardio is a good one!

Do yourself a big favor and get an appointment with a good cardiologist at the University Hospital in Iowa City. Often times the small town doctors don't see enough patients with our kinds of problems to be that good at a proper diagnosis. I came from a small town in Iowa 50 years ago, and never regretted it when I moved to California. There is just more selection here. ( Okay Iowan's don't pick on me, I still love your state.)

I had A-fib a few times for years before my OHS in August of last year, and some after that. The new drug Multaq has taken care of that in good order. Ask whichever doctor you choose about this drug. It is very effective, and has no bad side affects. I know how disruptive arrhythmia's can be. Good luck!! :)

Do yourself a big favor and get an appointment with a good cardiologist at the University Hospital in Iowa City. Often times the small town doctors don't see enough patients with our kinds of problems to be that good at a proper diagnosis. I came from a small town in Iowa 50 years ago, and never regretted it when I moved to California. There is just more selection here. ( Okay Iowan's don't pick on me, I still love your state.)

I had A-fib a few times for years before my OHS in August of last year, and some after that. The new drug Multaq has taken care of that in good order. Ask whichever doctor you choose about this drug. It is very effective, and has no bad side affects. I know how disruptive arrhythmia's can be. Good luck!! :)

Thank you! Coming from the Chicago area it is a bit different to wait for a cardio coming from another town to see me. I had a great cardio in Chicago, so I will see how this cardio will be, if I do not like him I will find another. I will ask about Multag, sounds like a good drug.
Thanks again,

Thank you! Coming from the Chicago area it is a bit different to wait for a cardio coming from another town to see me. I had a great cardio in Chicago, so I will see how this cardio will be, if I do not like him I will find another. I will ask about Multag, sounds like a good drug.
Thanks again,

Can you contact your old cardiologist and ask his opinion?

I'm assuming you are not in a-fib or your Dr. would be more willing to do something about it. So, I'm guessing, from your description, you are having pvc's or pac's, do you know? If so, I have come to realize that Dr.'s are really hesitant to want to help with them. I think they don't realize how bothersome they can be. I complained for months before I finally got my Dr.'s on board to help. I have between 25-30,000 a day with a good 15 runs of atrial tachycardia. Unfortunately, we haven't really been able to hit on a "cure" yet and that's after trying several drugs and having two ablations. I am currently taking Multaq as well, and while some positive changes have occured with it, it's not a tremendous amount. So, it may take a lot of hit or misses to find something that helps. For me, beta blockers actually made mine worse.

You don't say where in N. Iowa you live, but you may not be too far from the Mayo clinic if you aren't satisfied with your local Dr.s.

I really know where you are coming from and I wish you the best in trying to find an answer.

Kim

Latest posts

Back