Appointment

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhudson

Well Everybody, Had my appointment with my Cardiologist yesterday, 03-20-2012, and got the results. I will still be in the waiting room for another year at least, maybe longer. Ok, my cardiologist tells me that the regurgitation of the aortic valve is only at 2+, what he considers mild to moderate, I have dialation at the aortic root of 3.97 cm, I do not have any plaque build up, or narrowing of arteries, no heart muscle damage, or weakness. He told me if he had the same exact thing going on, he would absolutely wait. So I need to lose about 30-35 pounds, and sit in the waiting room. He says I will have to have a Valve repair sometime, just not right now. He also told me there are really remarkable things happening in the valve reapir world, and that maybe within the next few years, they will actually have what he termed as injectionable valve repair. Goin in through the artery of your arm pit, or up through the main artery of the leg. So he says the benefit to me in waiting, may actually be not having a repair done OHS, but that is still to be seen as far as I am concerned, not a reallty as of yet. All my chmabers are still normal size and function for age, as well as arterial function. He said we still have to watch the because I am definitely leaking at the Aortic Valve, but that things are not bad enough to warrant OHS for repair just yet. So I am thinking the shortness of breath maybe something else also. Am setting appointment with my primary care to re test the blodd for proper thyroid meds amount, and maybe ask for a chest Xray to see if I have proper lung function, although the Cardiologist said I had 98% 02 saturation at rest, and 97% under stress. I was researching the thyroid problem on internet, and found that when it is slightly acting up, it can somewhat mimic some of the BAV symptons. So, I guess I am just hanging out for awhile:cool2::rolleyes2::cool2::cool::cool:

Thanks Tom and Sarah. I plan on enjoyinmg it for sure. Got some project around the house to do, am going to try and get fit. So far have lost 3 pounds, hope nobody here finds them.:cool: But i will hang out here and give moral support to all my friends here:cool::rolleyes: See ya all in the chat room

I can tell you from personal experience that SOB can be due to stress and anxiety. Or at least so I have been told. Welcome to the waiting room! I have spent 4 years in the waiting room already : )

Thanks to everyone who helped me with everything. I will continue to hang out in the "Waiting Room" and enjoy the the time there!!:confused::cool::thumbup::cool2:

DHudson welcome. The first thing my surgeon told me was stay off the internet looking for symptoms it will drive you crazy. Trust me I feel I could be a Doctor now and no one would get cured. Try to relax I know its hard but if your oxygen level is at 98 I would think about entering the Olympics. Good Luck

Doug's idea of racing
pimped-out-mobility-scooter.jpg

Latest posts

Back