Aortic Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be in my thoughts on Tuesday. We've all been or will be where you're going, or have gone through it with someone we love.

I had a picture taken in my front yard with an Hawaiian-style shirt on (open, to show the incision) three days after the surgery. It was to reassure my mother that I really was all right.

It will go more quickly than you think, and it won't be nearly as bad as you fear.

Very best wishes,

I'd like to echo what the others have said. The waiting, after the decision has been made to have surgery, is, by far, the MOST difficult part. And to have your date postponed really sucks. You will do fine and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks to each one of you for the support. I guess I was really restless last night. I smacked the headboard and about tore my knuckle off and it didn't wake me up. I know I slept through it because the blood on my hand was dried. I did wake up about 3:00 and finally got up at 3:30. I felt like I had to go swim to burn nevous energy. I did feel better aftwards when I went to work. My wife called me at work when she found the blood. I told her tonight if got restless I'd move to the lounger or couch. She said it didn't bother her. I told her if I smacked her like I must have hit the headboard it would make me feel bad even if it didn't hurt her.

I talked to the operating nurse today and she scheduled me for Wednesday for whtever tests and to "train" my wife and me about the operation and recovery.

Two and half days to go.

Booshmeister, ya gotta watch out for the action dreams. My wife and I were in Florida a month ago with kids and grandkids. One nite I had a BIG dog chase me up a wall....next thing I knew, I had fallen out of bed, hit the nite stand and lamp on the way to the floor.....woke up with my wife screaming Richard, Richard, Richard. The good news is that I didn't even get a scratch......bad news is that the lamp cost me $40:eek:

Latest posts

Back