Anyone interested in a weekly thread for non-mileage activities?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am feeling very sad because I can't participate in the mileage throwdown. Now that I am back to my normal sport (horseback riding hunter/jumper and the cross-training exercises that go with it) nothing I do can be shared in terms of miles.

There have got to be members of this forum who participate in sports and activities that aren't mileage-related (off the top of my head, things like basketball, volleyball, bowling, powerlifting/Olympic weightlifting, tennis, etc.)

Anyone interested in sharing and encouraging each other in these types of activities?

Sure, why not? We could use WW Activity Points to measure activity. Strolling for 30 minutes, brisk walk for 20 minutes, or running/strenuous elliptical for 10 minutes all equal 1 AP. Based on my horse experience, I'd say a rising trot cross country for 10 minutes is certainly equal to 1 AP. 5 to 10minutes stadium jumping is probably equal to 1 AP (lord, that's exhausting). Grooming is equivalent to lifting weights or housework-- 20 min. for 1 AP. Whatcha think?

Jet and I have agility classes (which grew out of grand prix equestrian events, if you are unfamiliar with the sport). Some nights, like last night, it's a work out, and others its just a lot of standing around with short runs. I usually give myself 2 WW APs for an hour class of agility if we work hard.
Similarly 1 give myself 1 to 2 APs for an hour obedience class. One if we do a lot of stay work, 2 if we spend most of the hour heeling.
Retriever training is a lot of standing around, some walking across cow pastures, so I usually give myself a couple APs for 2-3 hours worth, if I'm playing bird boy and not just dog handling.
Then's there's the dog walks and agility training sessions in between formal group classes, my despised elliptical machine, weights, and/or stability ball sessions, sometimes workout videos. It's a hodge podge.

Basically, we could report how many APs we earned in the week, since those of us on WW record them anyway.

I think it's a good idea, but I would call it something other than yet another "Throw Down."

Not sure what to propose as a name, but maybe something with a "Moving" motif --- "Movin' on: the Road to Fitness" or "Moving Thoughts of the Week" or just "Weekly Fitness Reports" (not in love with any of these, but just thinking out loud). :)

I am rehabbing from knee surgery, doing exercises, and walking the dog just about every day, but none of that really fits with a mileage countdown. It would be fun, and maybe motivationaL, to talk about other ways we are keeping on the move. :)

or Movin minutes..minutes moved???? Since my surgery I have been tracking miles but also time spent walking (6.5 weeks post op) I have walked 87 hours. I wear heart rate watch that keeps accumulated time.

I am rehabbing from knee surgery, doing exercises, and walking the dog just about every day, but none of that really fits with a mileage countdown. It would be fun, and maybe motivationaL, to talk about other ways we are keeping on the move. :)

Fun, motivating, and other ways of keeping active . . . I assume we would want to include sex?;):p

Strange how a simple thread about being motivated can turn into a sex thread :rolleyes:
Lets all just remember that even breathing (even heavy breathing) can burn calories :D
Am I talking from experience...........perhaps ;)

Latest posts

Back