Anyone in their teens or twenties?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there

Hey there

Welcome to this wonderful site.
I am just a tad older.:eek: I am 39 ...had surgery at 37 and there I was sitting on my bed pre surgery with hospital tags round my wrists, my mum sitting on the chair next to me and they still started discussing the surgery with my mum. She let them get right to the end before telling them she was not the patient!
I get the same at the hospital for my checkups. I sit in the waiting room and all the old dears say how nice it is that I've obviously come with my mum or dad. Then you get the shock and the "Oh but you're so young" when you tell them. Then the "Oh you're sooo brave" bit.
You'll find that there are quite a few youngies here and I'm sure they'll find you before long

Lotti

I can relate to you, I had my MVR age 19. Until I discovered vr.com, I felt like I was the only young person with a valve replacement!:).

Hi Iamthewonder, I'm Nicole the who doesn't come by here often enough, lol. I'm 25 and had my surgery over 6 years ago. It's really hard to find sites with a younger crowd, I found it especially hard since I wasn't born with this. But after I found this site, I stopped searching. Fulfilled all my needs and curiousity. Glad you found it also. I'm here to talk anytime, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail.

All my heart,

What every happened to that 15-year-old genius girl who decided that she wanted to become a doctor (I guess she must be 16 by now)?

Back