Anyone in here in their mid 40's and what did your surgeon advise on valve type.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David W;n859105 said:
How's your sleep now Fundy?

Sleeps good now, i'm almost 4 years after. After that incident at 5-6 weeks, it came and went with less severity for almost a year.

I remember someone suggested to me that (1000mg) ibuprofen helped them quite a bit with knocking down the widespread pain or discomfort.

Restful sleep is eluding me also, 8 days post-opt, and I have meds to take that I've used for years. I'm in a recliner with back straight and legs elevated. I start to doze off then my mind goes wide open. Also, If I lean back I cough and don't want to risk fluid build up in the lungs.

But I'm pain-free which is a big plus. I figure the body has u derringer great stress and needs to readjust.

Best of luck in your recovery. Jealous you were able to make the decision. I'm still on the other side trying to make the decision as well.

David W;n859096 said:
I have a question for everyone who might stumble across this thread.Sleep!! How was your sleeping post op. I'm just over 2 and a half weeks post op and still not really getting any good sleeping. I have some sleeping candy here but don't want to over indulge in this. Any thoughts?
Hi David,

I didn't get back to near normal kind of sleeping until there was no pain and until I could lie down and turn easily. I took sleeping meds prescribed (Zopliclone) but they didn't work that well plus I don't like taking skeeping meds as they make sleep more illusive in the end. I would sit up and do something on my computer, write a message on here for example, look something up on the net, make myself comfy, or anything to get me in a relaxed frame of mind to try sleeping again.

Like Paleogirl, I was given zopiclone on discharge from hospital, they didn't help at all. I've seen the doctor recently who has given me some tamazepan. So I've been trying experiment with them where I've taken a whole one, then a half with similar effects. Funny ole world I didn't take any last night and got the same amount of hours in that had when taking the tablets. So I'll try again without tonight.

Back