Anyone hear from Harleygirl?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Karlynn

Has anyone heard from Lorie? It's been a few weeks since her last post and she was experiencing some pain thought to be costochondritis. I hope she's doing okay. I tend to get concerned when people post about problems and then aren't around for a while.

Lori - check in with the "family", we don't want to have Ross release the hounds!

Lorie

Lorie

Hey Karlynn, thanks for thinking of Lorie, I was just thinking of her the other day and PM'd her but haven't heard from her yet, hope she's doing o.k. Debbie :)

Hello Everyone!

First of all, I am very, very sorry for not posting in such a long time! I really do appreciate everyone's concern and just want you all to know that I am feeling really much, much better. So good, in fact, that my husband and I have started some home improvement projects around the house and yard and I have been busy! Also, I moved my computer out of my bedroom (my oldest daughter just moved out so I finally have an empty bedroom and a designated home office) and that mere fact that the PC isn't in the bedroom has really kept me off of it. That and the fact that I have been absolutely exhausted every night. I have overdone it a couple of time and paid for it the next day but all in all feeling really terrific!

Here's a quick update: Have painted my bedroom and redecorated; painted and redecorated the living room; tons of yardwork including planting flowers, trees, lots of weeding, etc. going through my entire house and decluttering and having a yardsale next weekend.....it's really crazy! I went from feeling bad to just suddenly feeling like I rounded the bend and feeling lots better.

I have been cleared for exercise as well and I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I also joined weight watchers and have lost an addition 13 lbs. so am really feeling well.

Mornings are still difficult for me as I am stiff and sore and after painting or doing yardwork I do feel it the next day but all in all I am feeling so much better about my activity level and life in general.

Oh yeah, I did end up dropping out of cardiac rehab. It was actually kind of a waste of time for me since i had already been exercising more strenuously and for a longer period of time than they were doing. It was 10 mins on 3 different machines and that was it...so 30 mins total of exercise and not really even breaking a sweat. I did feel very young...since I was 20-40 years younger than everyone else....but overall did not feel it was the highest and best use of my time. I live in a sort of rural area and we probably don't have the most sophisticated program...I am sure there are other programs that are much better and more tailored to each individual person's needs. Not saying cardiac rehab isn't a good idea...this particular program just didn't work for me.

I did get back in with my ortho about the fracture spine, osteoporosis, etc. in my back and neck and I just started physical therapy today. Hoping that it helps but basically he said most important thing for me is to stay active so that's what I am trying to do.

So sorry once again, that I disconnected for so long....it was very inconsiderate of me and I won't do it again! Take care everyone one and I promise to check in a lot more often!

Glad to read you are doing well. You don't know how close you came to finding the released hounds barking at your door.

Lorie,

So glad to hear you are doing well and are keeping active. I, too, was wondering about you. Do keep us posted once in a while and don't forget to keep up the resting along with all the amazing housework, yardwork, excersizing, playing and fun you are having! All the best, Betsy

Lorie

Lorie

Dear Lorie, so glad to hear you doing well. I was worried you were'nt feeling well and did'nt feel like posting. Does'nt it feel so good to start to get our body's back?? It feels great to get alittle stronger every day and to lose this extra hospital weight does'nt it? Every week just gets better and better. Debbie :)

Latest posts

Back