Anyone else have a dry cough

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggo

Does anyone else have a dry cough. My wife said I had it before surgery and now 12 months later I still have it. Does anyone know what it is.

Oaktree said:
Lots of things can cause a dry cough. Stab in the dark: are you on an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure? They can cause dry cough as a side effect.
My husband had a dry cough and it too was caused by medication for high blood pressure but I don't remember which one.
Earline

Bring it to the attention of your Doctor. There is a reason it's happening and you need to find out why.

My son has constantly got a dry cough, the docs say it is not conected to his condition, at one point they put it down to asthma and then decided it wasn't. We are no further in knowing, the doctor even said that he may be making himself cough, althow i'm sure that is not the case for you. Do you have central heating, as i think that plays a big part and they said the heating was causing my sons nose bleeds, so i just have to let lots of fresh air in, anyway if you are worried make sure you get checked out by a doctor, best wishes.

Oaktree said:
Stab in the dark: are you on an ACE inhibitor for blood pressure? They can cause dry cough as a side effect.

I have one, i'm on them....thanks for clearing the mistery that i wasn't really looking for a solution to....

Cheers.

I'm on an ace inhibitor and a beta blocker and don't have a dry cough. Only thing that ever caused that for me (pre-surgery) was analapril. Anything in the analapril/captapril family tends to do that. I agree with Ross...bring it up with your doc. They should be able to help you out.

Let us know what it is...just in case.

Latest posts

Back