Anybody want a DOG???????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
If you notice I didn?t spell it the ?right? way, DAWG!!! :p This is a short hair Dachshund, not a DAWG by any means, maybe less than a year old weighting about 15 pounds.

Animals know Bubba?s soft spot. :eek: When we got home from the Reunion last night I was outside playing with my DAWGS and kept hearing a small puppy or dog barking off in the trees near Peggy?s parent?s home. For those that don?t know, we live out in the country.

I finally went in and asked Peggy to call her parents and see if someone was visiting them that had a small dog because I could hear one barking. They told us ?no?. Peggy went over looking for it and saw a small dog run away but it would not come to her. Apparently someone had ?dumped? it out on our dead end dirt road.:mad: We have received several ?cat presents? from @#^%#@ humans that must have gotten tired of them. :mad: :mad: As far as we know, no one had dropped a dog off, UNTIL NOW. I went back up where Peggy last saw the dog and searched for several minutes with no luck. Just as I was giving up, she comes running out of some bushes away from me. I started talking to her and she came back to me, cowering all the way. I talked and petted her for a few minutes then lifted her up and took her back to our house. She didn?t have a collar.

She seems healthy and in good shape. Peggy is going around town today checking to see if someone traveling might have reported their dog getting away from them on the side of the road or something. We had that happen several years ago when a VERY large Husky got away from his owners. Sightings were reported several times and the people who lost him came back at least twice but were unable to get the dog to come to them. It roamed the streets and countryside (no we don?t have a Dawg Catcher----most ?strays? are permanently removed by other than Humane methods--BAM, BAM comes to mind). This one would not come to anyone (and several tried?one even ?captured? him for a few minutes in a fenced yard, but it got loose). He finally got too close to a car on the highway, if you get my drift.

We DO NOT need another Dawg so if nothing turns up we will have to find a nice home for her, AND SOON. The cat has made it CLEAR that he does not appreciate inside Dog Guest!!!!:eek:

May God Bless,

Danny :)

Does your local Humane Society have a No Kill policy?

I've adopted more than one 'walk on' over the years.
One in particular was a Fantastic Dog loved by all who knew him.

'AL Capshaw'

Danny, this dog belongs in a good rescue where she will get vet checked and spayed before being adopted out to an appropriate family. Many of these little cuties end up in puppy mill environments...let's try to avoid that.
There are specific Dachshund rescue groups and I will try to search one out in your area. I know of rescuers who will drive for hours to rescue dogs, so hopefully this can happen.
Whereabouts are you? (pm if you prefer)

that's how we got Miss Sally Sue and she's a jewel - but then, we had no other big dog (just chihuahuas). We kept her and she's part of the family and the only dawg we have left. She really is a dawg - part hound and part dobie - she looks just like a dobie and is a beautiful dog. You might fall in love with this one. The cat will soon accept her. Guaranteed they will become good buddies. Just ask Evelyn

Tell the cat to get over it!;)
I think you have a permanent house guest!:p :)

cooker said:
Black and Tan or Red?....About how old? Is she a standard or a mini?

Black and Tan, markings like an "old hound dawg"-----UGLY or CUTE AS A BUTTON-----eye of the beholder. Standard size (about 15 pounds) short hair. I can post a picture tonight if the wife ain't got shed of her before I get home (fingers crossed).:rolleyes:

I can have her to your address overnight-------remember, you sent me a Christmas Card.:eek: :p :D ;)

Danny :)

Hi Danny

You can always go on the internet for Daschund rescue organizations near your area. They will find someone to foster them till they're ready to go to a good home. Hope it helps.

Evelyn

Bubba

Bubba

Weenie-dogs are so cute.:D Daddy had one for years named Roscoe..Your local paper will probably run a free lost/found..many newspapers do..:) .and you can put a P.S. . free to GOOD home.. Daschunds are not cheap..and I am sure you can find him/her a good home. Bonnie

Well, Bubba, dawgs are added to the household in a variety of ways. My son is taking a new job and he and his family will have to rent for a while in their new location -- no dawgs allowed. So guess what: We grandfolks get their chocolate lab puppy (about 6 months old) for the indefinite future. So Sadie the Superdawg, a yellow lab/golden retriever mix, will have to put up with this hyperactive newcomer. All we need now is a black lab and we'll have a complete set. :D Question: Does SUPERBOB take Sadie and Daisy on separate daily walks, or try to walk them both at the same time? :eek:

SuperBob, you are brave!!!!
Choc labs are nutso until about the age of 4 (YEARS).:eek: :D
Mine is 13 and she is finally as slow as I am.....she's my very best friend.

You may need to take the pup out seperately and really throw a ball for a while to tire her out a bit. Sadie will probably be better off still having her "Daddy" time and walking which is safer for her hip.

Bina said:
SuperBob, you are brave!!!!
Choc labs are nutso until about the age of 4 (YEARS).:eek: :D
Mine is 13 and she is finally as slow as I am.....she's my very best friend.

You may need to take the pup out seperately and really throw a ball for a while to tire her out a bit. Sadie will probably be better off still having her "Daddy" time and walking which is safer for her hip.

Thanks, Bina. Yeah, I have observed when visiting my son that this chocolate lab, though adorable, is constantly in motion. I guess I will do a lot of ball-throwing to her in the backyard (fortunately we have a large fenced-in area) and later sneak out the front door to give Sadie lady her usual more relaxed walk. The extra exercise will be good for me, I suppose. :) The only thing I worry about is the pup racing around and slamming into Sadie's hip. I guess I will just have to monitor and keep them separate when I am not out there to "referee."

Many moons ago when I adopted my lab, she was 19 mths old, and we still had our 10 yr old Bouvier des Flandres. He would only tolerate her for short periods.....we put up a couple of baby gates in the house so that the dogs could see each other through the gates but not run wild around the house.
We also bought a 4 foot long dog cage for the lab's "time out" and sleeping place.
It worked out fine for 2 years until the older Bouvier passed away.

Bina said:
Many moons ago when I adopted my lab, she was 19 mths old, and we still had our 10 yr old Bouvier des Flandres. He would only tolerate her for short periods.....we put up a couple of baby gates in the house so that the dogs could see each other through the gates but not run wild around the house.
We also bought a 4 foot long dog cage for the lab's "time out" and sleeping place.
It worked out fine for 2 years until the older Bouvier passed away.

They've been keeping Daisy in the cage/"crate" for sleeping and time-outs. I hated seeing that at first, but I gradually came to understand as I saw how she ran amok otherwise, at all times. Think she is outgrowing the one they have for her, though, so I'll need to buy a more comfy and spacious one. The family knows I am a soft touch for dogs -- their only other alternative would be to give her away. Sadie also came to us from my son -- he rescued her from a pound, and then on a previous move they couldn't keep her. Before that, we had a yorkie given to my daughter by a boyfriend. The boyfriend left, the yorkie stayed but didn't get along with her other dogs -- so we were the fallback option. Hard to remember the last time we picked out our own puppy, but they've all been great.

Latest posts

Back