Anybody know where I can get long term care insurance?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura R

Hi.
I had my valve replacement surgery in Sept 2008 and am doing well, but I've now been turned down for long term care insurance based on "History of Atrial Fibrillation in combination with Mitral and Aortic Valve Replacements". This seems terribly unfair to me, but I'm not here to vent, would like to know what insurance company or companies offer us valve replacementees long term care insurance. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Laura

Good luck getting health insurance other than with a group insurance plan, or through your state's high risk pool, at least until the Obama changes kick in. You're not likely to find any.
Long term care insurance is going to be related to that: I'd say we have a higher risk of debilitating strokes which could cause the company to actually have to pay out on the policy! So they don't want to write it.
I haven't researched it, but I don't know you'll be able to find any, or at least not at a price you can afford.

I have read some of those long-term insurance offers that come into my mailbox. I end up reading the fine print and then throw them away. This is the very reason, in my opeinion, we need the Obama plan to kick in soon! Or we need to know how to get ourselves declared totally disabled and indigent and get an attorney to get us on state-run total disability. To paraphrase West Side Story: "Everything's right in America, if your health is alright in America."

Thanks for answering

Thanks for answering

Thanks for your feedback!

I especially appreciate the laugh you gave me with "which could cause the company to actually have to pay out on the policy!" :rolleyes:

Laura

Good luck getting health insurance other than with a group insurance plan, or through your state's high risk pool, at least until the Obama changes kick in. You're not likely to find any.
Long term care insurance is going to be related to that: I'd say we have a higher risk of debilitating strokes which could cause the company to actually have to pay out on the policy! So they don't want to write it.
I haven't researched it, but I don't know you'll be able to find any, or at least not at a price you can afford.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply

Hi Maryka.

Thanks for answering!

I agree with you about the Obama plan, am not thrilled with the option of being declared totally disabled and indigent! :eek2: :smile2:

I know that song from West Side Story, never thought of that clever re-phrasing, but it fits!

Laura

I have read some of those long-term insurance offers that come into my mailbox. I end up reading the fine print and then throw them away. This is the very reason, in my opeinion, we need the Obama plan to kick in soon! Or we need to know how to get ourselves declared totally disabled and indigent and get an attorney to get us on state-run total disability. To paraphrase West Side Story: "Everything's right in America, if your health is alright in America."

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery

Just noticed that you have AVR scheduled for 8/11/2010.

Best of Luck with it! :thumbup:

Laura

Latest posts

Back