Another Update!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

Well, it's been 5 1/2 weeks since my melanoma was removed. The unna boot was removed Monday after a week again, and it does look like it's closing up at both ends. The middle, where the actual melanoma was, is still a small opening and there are 2 small holes near it. They were oozing a bit, and Doc took another culture to rule out any bacteria starting up again.
So, I got re- booted, and it will be another 1-2 weeks, I guess. I'm glad it is closing up. But, my INR was 3.1 today!!! I have all but stopped Tylenol, Keflex, and I am taking 10mg less coumadin per week than before my procedure. I am going to go down some more. I called the Coumadin nurse and she seems to have forgotten that I am trying to lower my INR and she said in a phone message to keep it the same for another week!
I'm thinking to half a 7.5mg tab one of the days this week and see what it does.
I want to take a shower with my leg exposed, not enclosed in a bag!!!!
Two more weeks, Agh!

thanks for the update. I know how you feel with the shower thing. I was four months with that chest nappy back at the beginning of the year!

Thanks, all! My culture came back positive again for staph aureus, so I'm back on Keflex for 14 days..Crap...Sorry, I updated too soon.

Latest posts

Back