Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irel

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Retired in Carleton Place, Ontario, CANADA Small t
On March 29, 2011 it will be one year since surgery. I had to cancel a Carribean Cruise last year because of my condition, but this year I will be cruising on Celebrity's Equinox on the first Anniversary of my surgery. The sternum has pretty well healed now, however I still cough up phlegm, which could be due to the fact that I also quit smoking before the operation. I also have put on some weight and must exercise more. Once back from the cruise, it will be Diet time and out walking and riding my bicycle. Just had my one year followup exam with the cardiolgist and all appears to be fine. Looking forward to the next 25 years.

Enjoy that cruise. That's a great way to celebrate the first anniversary. I always think starting to count in years is a significant milestone. Recently some of us have reported that we really felt back to normal the third, so you still have some improvement to look forward to.

Happy first anniversary and happy cruising!

On March 29, 2011 it will be one year since surgery. I had to cancel a Carribean Cruise last year because of my condition, but this year I will be cruising on Celebrity's Equinox on the first Anniversary of my surgery. The sternum has pretty well healed now, however I still cough up phlegm, which could be due to the fact that I also quit smoking before the operation. I also have put on some weight and must exercise more. Once back from the cruise, it will be Diet time and out walking and riding my bicycle. Just had my one year followup exam with the cardiolgist and all appears to be fine. Looking forward to the next 25 years.

CONGRATS on year one and enjoy the cruise

REAL+MOUNTIE+083.jpg

These anniversary announcements are awesome reminders to support that those of us in the Waiting Room will also one day be posting our own anniversaries. Glad to hear you are doing well!

Hi amy

Hi amy

These anniversary announcements are awesome reminders to support that those of us in the Waiting Room will also one day be posting our own anniversaries. Glad to hear you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about the 'severe" stenosis, mine was merely moderate and I could have gone another 3-5 years, however with the two blockages requiring bypass surgery I opted for the aoritc valve at the same time. Best of luck.
gord

Latest posts

Back