Andrew is finally on the floor!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gijanet

It's been a long time coming! They have been in the hospital since May 5th!!! I'm so grateful to read this news! Keep those prayers going! They really are working! Hugs. J.

June 19, 2007 at 10:07 AM CDT
Today is the official day we are going up to the floor. I just went to see it and he even has a private room. How nice is that? I can hardly wait until he gets to come up.

He stood up for the first time yesterday during PT. He did it twice and I was impressed that he was able to do it so long, probably two or three minutes each.

He remains in a lot of pain and nuerology has been by twice again about it. Basicly they told us what we have heard before, that time is really what will be required. They can give medicine for the symptoms which he is on a couple but the healing itself takes time. Maybe pray that God can speed up the healing or give someone a idea that will help with the pain.

Andrew also wheeled himself around the PICU a few times yesterday. I am surprised by his strength. He did quite well until I tossed a beany baby back to him and hit him in one of his newer incisision sights. Nice going mom!

Our hope is that Andrew will get out a bit more on the floor here and not be so couped up. This is week six of his hospital stay and besides a couple trips to OR and the like and a airplane trip, he has not left his room before yesterday. I'd be nuts!

So Andrew is continuing to heal. We are so grateful for how far he has come and continue to pray for healing and grace to deal with the pain and frustration of not feeling very good, and for perseverence as he continues to hopefully push himself through each of his exercizes. We all know he's no quitter and he knows how to fight.

Please keep a friend's son of mine in your prayers as he has his open heart surgery today. He is 19 and his name is Justin. Also prayers for little Danniel as he is recovering from his surgery as well.

Thanks a lot,
wendy
ps Andrew's skin graft took.

What wonderful news! I hope and pray that he continues to heal and regains strength. I haven't been mentioning anything about his pain. I'll be sure to add that.:)

Thanks so much for posting the update, Janet. Andrew has had such a long, hard road and I so greatly admire his courage and perseverance. Prayers and best wishes continue for the whole family and I hope he is soon pain free and walking the halls.

Janet,

Thanks for posting the update!

Definitely good news ... a step in the right direction.... Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Tell me what you see" ... Bob Carlisle ... 'Getting Stronger'

This is such wonderful news. We were all so worried but hopeful at the same time. Happy to hear that things are going so well.

Good news indeed...I continue to pray for Andrew.
I hope he gets some pain-relief so he can concentrate on healing.

So neat to read your posts!

So neat to read your posts!

Andrew really is doing well I think. The pain is a bummer but I know it will get better.

It is so nice for him to be out of the ICU it is so nice and quiet in his new room. Just hoping he doesn't get moved out which can happen in the private rooms if there is someone who needs isoloation so add good health for all those on the fifth floor. Gee that's not such a selfish prayer is it? The double rooms are just so crowded and we have about two weeks to go I am guessing. July 2nd will be the six week mark from his BE cleanup/ valve replacements.

So do I bother to get him yet another medicalert ID band. This is getting a bit silly and I don't feel like anyone is reading it anyways. Whats your op on that?

So good to see your post, Wendy. Prayers that the next two weeks fly by in privacy!;) Andrew is a trooper and deserves all the privacy he can get. Hope you too are more at peace now and can fit in some time to rest and recuperate.

There should be an award for courageous people like Andrew who must endure so much, get beaten down, but come back up fighting.

May he have many, many years of health, fun and smooth sailing ahead of him.

Randy

Good to see you posting, Wendy :).

Thoughts/prayers CONTINUING for Andrew ... and you, of course, too!!!

"Tell them we're survivors" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'Life Is A Highway'

Wendy!!!!!

Wendy!!!!!

What a nice surprise. Was going to post your update, but you made it in person. You guys are still very much in our thoughts and prayers. Many hugs. J. P.S. And yes, most definitely get that medic alert bracelet updated. This is going to be Andrew's last change for a long, long time. No more shenanigans, comprende?

Prayers for a very healthy 5th floor - :)

I too would get the alert updated. You don't want to be in the position of saying sometime "Sure wish I'd had
the medicalert updated."

*grins*

I sure hope the news about Chicago baseball over the last 2 days has been a HELP to Andrew ;).

Friday...
Chicago Cubs 5
Chicago White Sox 1

Saturday...
Chicago Cubs 2
Chicago White Sox 1

Chicago Cubs have won 4 of the first 5 of 6 games against the Chicago White Sox this season.

Chicago Cubs ... 34-39
Chicago White Sox ... 29-41

"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Still Taking Chances'

*grins devilishly*

Andrew HAS to be one happy kid right now....

Sunday, June 24:
Chicago Cubs 3
Chicago White Sox 0

Which means....................

Cubs SWEPT the White Sox ... right out of "The Cell" ... and took 5 of 6 games from the White Sox this season. AND, in doing so ... won BOTH series (at Wrigley and The Cell) for the first time ever against the White Sox ;).

*pauses*

Not that I'm bragging at all ... nope ... not one bit.

Chicago Cubs 35-39
Chicago White Sox 29-42

Latest posts

Back