Almost 6 months...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mom2izzy

I'm coming up on the 6 month anniversary of my mitral valve repair. I pretty much feel the same as I did before surgery (I was asymptomatic). The best thing is that now if I feel a little off, I don't go into panic mode because "it might be my heart". It is absolutely FABULOUS that I no longer have to live with that anxiety. I'm not even sure I ever realized that's what it was until it was gone.

I guess that's it, I just wanted to drop in to say hi and let those of you in the waiting room know there are examples of people back to normal (or better) soon after surgery.

I'm still pretty scared about going in for my first echo since being in the hospital. Should be coming up...I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with the echo! I'm glad to know that you have continued to progress well. Being a symptomatic prior to surgery can allow you to feel "normal" again quicker I think. I hope that things continue to go well for you. I'll look for your post after your test. Take care!

Tom

Good luck with your echo, I know that I was super nervous before mine at the 6 month mark!!!

It's hard to know how you're doing when you've been asymptomatic before and after sugery (I know this). Good thoughts your way, and keep us posted!!!!

Rachel

"The best thing is that now if I feel a little off, I don't go into panic mode because "it might be my heart". It is absolutely FABULOUS that I no longer have to live with that anxiety. I'm not even sure I ever realized that's what it was until it was gone".

Mom2izzy, this is so true. I always felt like I had a ticking time bomb inside of me and after surgery that feeling was gone. I wish you the very best for your future.

Mom2izzy, its great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you're doing well. Can't believe it has been 6 month already. How is the little one?

Mom2izzy, its great to hear from you. Glad to hear that you're doing well. Can't believe it has been 6 month already. How is the little one?

Hi GymGuy. I've been around...just doing a little more lurking than posting. I often find it hard to even remember the details...it all went by in such a flash (maybe having a little one helps in that respect...time just seems to fly around her...I still feel like she was born yesterday). My little one turned 4, and she is fabulous! She still remembers the surgery and will occasionally say things like "Your big ow-ie is looking better". As much as I stressed about her, she was probably at a
pretty good age. Old enough to understand the basics, but not old enough to realize there was any cause for worry.

How are things with you?

Same here. I lurk once a week or so and try to respond to folks as time permits. Life is good, I love it. Little one is almost 15 month now, keeps me busy and happy.

Latest posts

Back