Almost 38 years coming.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CC Weston doesnt do nearly the Hearts that most hospitals do. If you research it they actually had a marketing campaign to get more heart patients into the clinic side of things. I liked my cardio but the surgeon was new and had not so great references. Shands In gainsville is another good heart hospital but I want to stay local. I found a surgeon whose specialties were congential heart defects and has done a ton of valves and aortas. His name came up a few times in references for a good surgeon. I know there might be a better one in Miami but I am definitly comfortable with this gentlemen. He is there Chief of Cardiovascual Services Pediatric and Adult for some time. He led UM Jackson when it was a much better hospital and he led Shands Jacksonville. I did my footwork on him and I am TOTALLY comfortable with him. Thank you for your input though. I do appreciate all views on the matter.

CC Weston doesnt do nearly the Hearts that most hospitals do. If you research it they actually had a marketing campaign to get more heart patients into the clinic side of things. I liked my cardio but the surgeon was new and had not so great references. Shands In gainsville is another good heart hospital but I want to stay local. I found a surgeon whose specialties were congential heart defects and has done a ton of valves and aortas. His name came up a few times in references for a good surgeon. I know there might be a better one in Miami but I am definitly comfortable with this gentlemen. He is there Chief of Cardiovascual Services Pediatric and Adult for some time. He led UM Jackson when it was a much better hospital and he led Shands Jacksonville. I did my footwork on him and I am TOTALLY comfortable with him. Thank you for your input though. I do appreciate all views on the matter.

I think it was a good idea to look at CHD surgeons. For the most part (IMO) CHD/Adults with CHD surgeons have the MOST experience with very complex surgeries (and REDOS).You're right that they have much experience with valves and Aortas, since valve and Aortas are usually involved in many of the CHD surgeries, as PART of the over all repair for the more complex CHDs, that involve basically rebuilding hearts and rerouting the blood flow in 1-3 staged surgeries.
If you are interested, a group of the leading CHD surgeons from ALL over, came up with a score based on difficulty for most CHD surgeries (including different valves replacements) "The Aristotle Score" the Max is 15. You can see the "basic" scores http://www.aristotleinstitute.org/scoring/BasicScore.asp now of course, the numbers are different if you have a couple things, or REDOs or other problems, andyou have to be a member to see the Comprehesive scores, but for first time surgeries, the basic score are pretty good

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum & keeping you in my prayers for a successful outcome on July 14th!

Hang in there & know that we're all here to support you through this tough ordeal! I know you'll do just fine! :)

Back