AliveCor ECG for iPhone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nupur

I got myself a AliveCor ECG device for the iPhone. Hoping to catch the transient short arrhythmia I have from time to time. Found it pretty easy to install and use. Sent me an email within an hour. They do that with the first one, subsequent ones should tell me AF or no AF. The report says I am having PVCs. So not green (all clear), not red (need attention now!) but orange (needs evaluation).

I think it's pretty good for less than $100. Technology is wonderful. Now if only there was a way to email this to my doctor.

I hope some of you find this device useful.

Amazing what technology will do. I saw this in the news. Sounds like a useful tool. The only thing they mentioned on the news was that it doesn't replace a standard ECG that has more leads.
Thanks for sharing.

Hi Nupur - would you mind if I asked you to post a picture of your ECG looks like with this app please? Don't worry if you don't want to. I'm curious how it captured PVCs. Thank you.

I am not able to upload a picture. I looked at the ECG and matched it with what I see on line and yes I can see the PVCs. Note that the App does NOT analyze PVC. It only says Afib or not. You can send your ECG to be read by someone for a fee (the first one is free, to establish a baseline). The report that came back said I had PVCs. The software did not auto detect it.

Nupur;n852611 said:
I am not able to upload a picture.

if you are interested to, but unable to, please just email me the picture and I'll whack it on Flickr and then add that here. my email is at hotmail and of course I'm pellicle

pellicle;n852613 said:
if you are interested to, but unable to, please just email me the picture and I'll whack it on Flickr and then add that here

Done
16302185938_1585902132_b.jpg

I also bought an AliveCor several months ago. You actually can email your ecg's to your dr or anyone else. There is a little icon at the top of the page when you are in the history that lets you send them. I also was trying to catch an arrhythmia I was having and was successful at doing so. When I just had my check-up at the Mayo clinic last week, I was able to show them the strips and they all actually commented on how good the quality was and it was clear they were very impressed with it. None of my 3 drs had seen one before and all asked me to show them how it worked and wanted to look through my history. My EP dr actually played with it for about 10 minutes and then asked if I minded if he sent himself my strips. I said no problem and he sat there an emailed them all to his email address and then attached them to my Mayo record. Unfortunately, it has now earned me an EP study because they are concerned I'm having V-tach.

I highly recommend one of these for any of you who have any kind of rhythm issues.

I am not having much luck using it since i posted. Had sudden dizziness with pounding heart last week, tried it twice and it said possible Afib. My doctor doesn't allow me to email things, so I sent it for analysis and the report came back saying there was too much disturbance to diagnose. Well, then on what basis do they say possible Afib? Anyway, I am experimenting with other positions on the chest to get a better reading. For some reason my finger thing is not working well, maybe my pulse is too weak there? kfay, where do you use it?

I use it on my finger tips. Do you have lotion on your hands that maybe is interfering? Do you have it attached to your phone, or do you keep it separately? If separate, you know it needs to be within a foot to record. Mine has read me as being in a-fib several times now. However, I know whoever wrote the program didn't have my wacky heart rhythms in mind. So, I always take the a-fib alert with a grain of salt. I really bought mine so I could track down random tachycardias I was having without having to wear an event monitor for a month. It was successful in doing that. I feel fortunate that my EP dr at the Mayo has embraced this technology and is happy for me to send him any "weird" rhythms I catch.

Latest posts

Back