Alistair's AVR is FRIDAY, AUGUST 8

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary

Alistair,
I'd like to wish you the very best as you undergo replacement on Friday.
You have a good attitude, a good surgeon, and a good facility so I'm confident that all will go well.
I look forward to your post-op posts, and I hope you have a quick, easy recovery.
Godspeed!

Alistair

Alistair

All the best for Friday. I will be thinking of you and am looking forward to hearing about your surgery, hospitalization, recovery and rehab.

Prayers and best wishes coming your way on Friday. Godspeed!

sorry I never did get to welcome you to VR but will do so now.

Best thoughts and prayers are yours as you travel up the mountain with us right behind to give you a push if you need one. Watch out for the truck and don't sneeze for a couple months (oh, pain!~!). We'll leave the light on for ya. GODSPEED!

Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and smooth recovery. The number 8 is the luckiest in the chinese calender so you have all the luck in the world with the date 08.08.08

Mary

My best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Thank you Mary for starting this thread. I was going to start a new one entitled "Let the Games begin" but will now just add to this one. I spent most of the day at the Hospital today for final testing. More blood, urine, another ekg, chest x-ray and they used the eco machine to look at my neck and upper chest. The prominent pulse just below my collar bone is called a "thrill" (if that is spelled correctly?). My parents arrived Wednesday from Georgia.

Everything looks good. My heart has a good beat and does not seem to be compromised from what they have seen (apart from the aorta valve itself). Plan A is to use a mechanical valve. Plan B is for a tissue valve. I did not realize but some people (hearts) the mechanical valve will not "fit", hence Plan B. I hope this scenario is only precautionary. I was really hoping and am praying that the mechanical valve will work because at 46 years of age; I hope never to have to go through this again.

I thank you all again for your stories and support. 8.8.08, and I'm hoping for the first Gold Medal! I will return soon hopefully with good news

Back