Airport security?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gatwick not a problem

Gatwick not a problem

Returned from London on Sat. 11. Heavy security in Gatwick. I never mentioned anything about mechanical valve nor sternum wires. Pat down was professional and not offensive in the least. In all not a problem coming or going.

It was interesting that my shoe buckles set off the alarm at Pearson.

So just go and enjoy yourself.

Thanks everyone :)

I saw my doctor today (INR day) and he has given me a summary of my conditions/medication to help get me through security. He also suggested that I get some compression stockings.
Only a week to go!

Chiming in late as usual...............

Chiming in late as usual...............

WE flew to Seattle last year. Katie's first flight. Thought I would do the right thing and warn them up front that Katie had a mechanical valve. We were immediately whisked off to the side and Katie was wanded and patted down - every inch of her - yep! my five year old terrorist had to turn down the waist of her shorts and was thoroughly searched - every nook and cranny. 'Course at the same time, my 77 year old father in a wheelchair was off in another search area, being wanded and searched..............and my77 year old mother was starred, so everything in her purse was dumped out and all of her carryon luggage was scrutinized item by item off to the side in another area.......................sigh! Ya know it's bad when a perfect stranger comes up to you (me) and hugs you and says, "God, bless you child!" :( :D Almost missed our flight -still got to write up that Alaskan cruise adventure someday...............

Anyway, just for grins, on the flight back, I thought I would see what happened if I didn't mention Katie's valve. Ya know what? NOthing happened. :eek: Little imp just breezed right through the metal detectors, no sweat. Still had my dad being patted and wanded down and my mom was still starred (starred on the way there, same on the way back..........sigh!), but at least it was one less family member who had to be publicly humiliated and redressed. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Many hugs. J. P.S. Be sure and drink lots of water on the flight and get up and move around when you can. More hugs. J.

Latest posts

Back