Ah, annoying crazy heart beats

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle D

I just have to vent my frustrations. I've been doing well but in the past couple days I starting getting fast heart beats randomly, I don't think its a-fib, maybe not even a-flutter. I can go outside and skateboard, and run around with my dog and my heart rate doesn't go up much, but sometimes I might just get up from the computer to pee and my heart will start racing, or I'll go get a water from the frig and my heart starts racing. The past couple days every morning I wake up and it is racing, like I woke up startled, but I didn't wake up startled. I have an appointment with my cardiologist soon, but I don't think she'll have anything constructive to say. The reason I don't think it is atrial anything is because the rate goes up to around 110 and my atrium and ventricles are all pumping in sync. So my whole heart just starts going fast. It could be anxiety I suppose, I've been visiting my mother in-law in the hospital lately and I guess I've got some unresolved issues with hospitals.

I just had to vent, my husband is under a huge amount of stress so I haven't been telling him lately when I have heart issues, so I'm glad I can come here and vent. I will also mention this to my therapist on Thursday.

I had pretty similar symptoms after my mitral valve repair in October. My resting heart rate would randomly increase to 110-120 bpm, but would be completely junctional (i.e., every thing seemed to be in sync; no flutters). At first the surgeons thought it was a sinus rhythm, buy my cardiologist managed to catch it on an ECG and determined it was atrial tachycardia. I'm now being treated by EPS doctors and just finished a 21 day event monitor. They said this is one of the most benign arrhythmias out there. I would definitely mention it to your cardio even though it feels regular and you are also on the low end of bpms for a tachycardia.

Latest posts

Back