Adults with childhood diseases

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaK

My secretary asked an interesting question to me. She asked if there was a study ever done on adults with childhood diseases. She wondered if our childhood diseases give us specific personaility traits? Do we become driven to be over achievers? or do we tend to play the victim?

I was born with a bicuspid valve, was always sick and in the hospital and was babied my entire childhood, and now as an adult tend to be more daring than I should and have become an overachiever in certain aspects of my life?

I now wonder if adults that had traumatic childhood diseases, have certain personality traits in common?

Any thoughts????

My paternal grandmother decided that one of our cousins had a 'bad heart' when he was tiny. am sure she delivered him since she was a midwife. she decided to keep him close to her as he was growing up so she could watch over him, having him stay in her home much of his youth. he is now pretty much a docile man. maybe because she drummed in his head the things he could not do? don't know if illnesses have much to do with how one turns out, it but I feel that our personal environment plus genes shape our future.

Latest posts

Back