Actor Robin Williams in hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin Williams is one of my favorites as well and I'm sending up positive vibes for his AVR and for Mrs. Bush's full recovery. Yep, wouldn't it be great they both dropped in to say hi? :D

sylviayasgur - I also hope that this doesn't slow RW down. His lightning-quick brain is a treasure and let's hope it emerges intact. JUST SAY NO TO PUMP-HEADEDNESS, ROBIN! :)

Robin's schtick is voices. His non-stop maniacal chatter is infectious, but how would he interject all those instantaneous changes in accent and demeanor into a web forum? The bank of little smilies on the right simply wouldn't translate into his style of humor. I'd like to see him try though.

He is a great comedian, hope he recovers fully.

I just read that his brother died of complications from OHS in 2007, is this true?

How about after my surgery next week I just jog over to her hospital which is right next door to where I'll be and see if she will be an advocate for us. They say I will need to be up walking.

I love Robin Williams' work and think him genius.

Wonder if he is getting tissue or mechanical. I think he's 57??

I'm strongly guessing he'll have a tissue valve.

from his website (emphasis is mine):

?I?m so touched by everyone?s support and well wishes,? said Williams. ?This tour has been amazing fun and I can?t wait to get back out on the road after a little tune-up.?

and his contact info :

Want to send Robin a letter, or want an autographed photo? Use the address listed below.
When you send a letter, be sure to include a SASE (a stamped envelope with your address on it).
If you want an autograph, ASK for it!!
Please know that any unsolicited scripts, manuscripts, etc. will be returned unopened from this address.

Robin Williams
1 Blackfield Dr. #409
Tiburon, CA 94920
USA

I love Robin Williams' work and think him genius.

I loved him in "Bicentennial Man." It's long but so moving -- quite unlike some of his work. Every time I hear Aretha Franklin's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T," I think of one scene from "Bicentennial Man" in which the robot/android was dancin' around.

I'll be praying for Robin.

Na-Nu Na-Nu!

Robin is a REAL actor and a REAL comedian! Unlike most of the new phonies passing themselves off as such...

The best Robin!
RF

Here's a link to the MSNBC story, with an embedded link to one on Barbara Bush.

Seems, folks, that AVR has become the Celebrity Surgery du Jour!

I wrote the Oprah show last year, in an effort to promote a show on the 50th anniversary of valve replacement, but never heard anything back from the producers.
I bet after these two high profile AVRs, there is more interest!;)

Robin's schtick is voices. His non-stop maniacal chatter is infectious, but how would he interject all those instantaneous changes in accent and demeanor into a web forum? The bank of little smilies on the right simply wouldn't translate into his style of humor. I'd like to see him try though.

Did you read my comment above I think I sumed it up nicley.

I wrote the Oprah show last year, in an effort to promote a show on the 50th anniversary of valve replacement, but never heard anything back from the producers.

Right! Goes to show you just how much power celebrity (or notoriety) has in this country. If ordinary folk go through this stuff --meh. If somebody famous does --whoa!

Let's hope people's consciousnesses are raised in the process.

Edit: I just posted a comment on the MSNBC newsvine, and mentioned the Valve Replacement Forums. I'm just a newbie, though, so they wouldn't link the URL.

Last edited:
There has to be a way to get 1 massive e card sent to him from us. But how does one go about creating it. I'm just a mechanic. It would be cool if we coud send 1 massive ecard signed by all of us to each of them Barbara and Robin. Good Morning Viet Nam, and Patch Adams are my favorites.

I loved him in The Birdcage and he was a better Popeye than Popeye (if that makes any sense) I hope he just has it done quickly and doesn't have to sit around and think about it for to long.

Isn't her friend, Dr. Oz, a heart surgeon?
Shouldn't be long before we see a heart valve replacement segment from him on her show.
IMO

I think it's a wonderful idea for all of us at VR.com to send both Mrs. Bush and Robin Williams cards.

Does anyone know which valve Barbara Bush had replaced. I watched the clip on former president Bush when he was crying but I didn't hear which one. I sure did feel badly for him though. It is hard on families no matter who you are. And I guess our recent former president must have had some of this on his mind also the last little while. I wonder if she was having trouble or just all of a sudden. I would think valver problems would have some symptoms.

I wish Robin Williams all the best. He is a very good actor and a fellow human being. And now just like the rest of us he needs to get through this.

Latest posts

Back