Active life style means different things.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john79t

A year ago I was walking on Canadian crutches. I had no energy and thought life was really going down hill for me. In June of 09 I had AVR and Jan 10 I got a new hip. This spring I have built by myself 2 rock patios. I Have planted many shubs and roses. I have planted a large veg. garden. I feel great and have many years of honey do job to get done. Life is good!

Great to hear how well you are doing. Hips can really slow you down too. I had a hip resurfacing in 2006 and was very active until my heart murmur worsened. I hope after my AVR on Aug 9, I will be doing as well as you in few months. Glad to hear all the great post op stories. Thanks for posting your update.

Pat

A year ago I was walking on Canadian crutches. !

Wow John, good on you, 2 fixes and you are a new man, excellent,

by the way have never heard of a reference to "Canadian crutches", only Canadian back bacon....are Canadian crutches different than US crutches?

i never new we exported crutches, know we export baseball bats and hockey sticks yes, but crutches...go figure i learn something every day

John79t, glad that you are doing so well after your first year. Like you, I have seldom had my valve place any difficulties or restrictions on my life style:thumbup:. I have never had a joint replacement, but I would think that surgery, from what my friends say, could be more limiting, at least for awhile, than OHS. Good recovery stories are very important to the folks facing this surgery.....keep posting you positive feedback:biggrin2:.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Forearm crutches are the type most commonly used in Europe, but in the United States and Canada, are almost exclusively used by people with permanent disabilities. However, American orthopaedic surgeons are now beginning to prescribe forearm crutches for patients with shorter-term needs. Forearm crutches are used by slipping the arm into a cuff and holding the grip. The cuff, typically made of plastic or metal, can be a half-circle or a full circle with a V-type opening in the front allowing the forearm to slip out in case of a fall.

Bina
thanks for explaining CC's
I don't know if I will ever get caught up on the honey do projects but am so glad I am able to try.

Back