Ace inhibitors reduce cancer risks??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Emma for posting this. On Tuesday this week, I had a discussion of Ace inhibitors with my pcp. I sent him a copy of the article you posted and he was impressed.... I have also sent this to my brother who was just put of Accupril.

I appreciate you
Blanche

just now had a chance to read these. Very interesting. Wonder why they didn't name names of these drugs? Anybody know what they are - the names?

Atenolol - toprol?

Thanks, Emma! Every now and then it's nice to get some good news! So many people with heart issues seem to have GERD, which is associated with increased chance of esophageal cancer--now we hear that ACE Inhibitors can be protective against that, and other cancers. Excellent! Matt's GERD has improved somewhat, I'm happy to report, but it's good to know the Lisinopril may be doing him good in more ways than one.

Ace

Ace

Emma thanks for posting the attached links. I do not want to take any prescription drugs however this makes me feel better about the one I do take Perindopril an ACE inhibiter. If it is lowering my blood pressure and reducing my risk of certain types of cancer it can't be all bad. :)

I googled "list of ace inhibitors".....

The following is a list of the ACE inhibitors that are available in the United States:

captopril (Capoten), benazepril (Lotensin), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril) fosinopril (Monopril), ramipril (Altace), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), moexipril (Univasc), and trandolapril (Mavik).

I'm not on any....... but it is good news for those who are!

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back