A party or celebration for the 1 year anniversary?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A party or celebration is never a bad thing, and a first anniversary is always a good reason for either! If nothing else, I look at myself in the mirror and say "well done, girl!" and be thankful to have had another year of life.

My first was special, I felt, because you are definitely over the hurdle, back to "normal" life (whatever that is!) and the tests are all looking good . . . . it was almost like getting home from hospital, in a way. It meant that I could put it into the back of my mind, I was somehow no longer a "heart patient" but the valve had just become one more part of my medical history, it was no longer omething I had to think of on a constant basis. I know, that probably sounds like trivializng the whole thing, but it was rather the opposite; kind-of like the honeymoon is over, now let's get on with this marriage thing . . . hard to put into words, maybe someone will be along who is good with words and will do it for me!

Anyway, congrats on the big O-N-E !

Yes, I would like to celebrate, but since I purposely chose to have my surgery just before Christmas, 2008, and went home on New Years Eve, my celebration may get lost with all of the general Holiday celebrating! You can be sure I will report back about the actual celebrations or lack thereof, ha ha!

I LOVE my valve anniversary's! More so than my birthdays, they are only two days apart! It is just the most wonderful days! I am alive and with my family and friends, I go out to eat and pamper myself all day! Feel so blessed!

Latest posts

Back