A month out and starting to get nervous

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushman

So my surgery is booked for March 29th 2016 and I'm starting to feel uneasy about the whole surgery and recovery. The surgery itself has me a bit nervous but also the financial strain we will be under for the months following while i recover before i can get back to work. As it is, we are basically month to month but have people we can lean on for financial help as long as we need it. We even have our house/farm up for sale right now but the economic situation here right now isn't great with oil prices in the dumps so a sale will be difficult.

I think i am just feeling overwhelmed right now and I'm just making it worse by stressing over everything.
Sorry, I'm not really even expecting any response from this, I'm just venting.

Hi

Bushman;n863074 said:
So my surgery is booked for March 29th 2016 and I'm starting to feel uneasy ...
...I think i am just feeling overwhelmed right now and I'm just making it worse by stressing over everything.
Sorry, I'm not really even expecting any response from this, I'm just venting.

always good to vent as if someone was listening ... and they were :)

You'll be fine, and it will sort itself out even if you can't see how just yet.

Best Wishes

I'm also in the oil and gas industry in Houston and understand the stress you are going through. I don't know what will happen when the contract I'm working on ends. I don't have enough savings to retire and at 61 my job options are limited. But I've been through lay offs before and have always managed to survive. Please try to focus on healing as difficult as that might be. I agree with pellicle...you will be fine and it will sort itself out. God speed.

If you weren't stressing, something would be wrong. You've got a lot on your plate. It sounds like you have a strong support system, so stay positive about the surgery and the better health it will bring, and deal with the rest down the road.

It is normal to be nervous and ruminate about upcoming surgery, minor or major; what you must remember is that the vast majority of these heart surgeries go just fine, and although the recovery is hard, it is a road with an end to it in terms of accomplishment; I am not a heart patient, full disclosure, but I am a Surgical Nurse that has been scrubbing and circulating on open heart procedures for over 20 years, so I do have a very good insight to what you may be feeling. Stay strong and positive, those are the patients that do the best.

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words, best wishes and positive advice, it really means a lot. I present a strong, brave facade to my family so that they don't stress but it's tough sometimes to live up to the bravado, especially to myself. Maybe my pride and self-reliance are both my best and worst qualities.

I'm trying to take everything in stride and not worry about things that are out of my control, I just have to keep reminding myself that things always manage to work out. One thing that is making it all easier is that I have all of the confidence in the medical team at the hospital and I'm young(relatively at 43) and in good physical shape. I also expect the recovery to go smoothly and look forward to having more energy(I could probably sleep for two days straight right now).

Thanks again and I'll post again after my pre-op on March 8th.

Bushman sorry for your difficulties no worries l vent all the time and these amazing people just keep listening. We are very fortunate to have this site and the ppl on it who have kicked and screamed and were calmed down by the more level headed voices of reason. I have just hit my 8 week post surgery mark tomorrow and so far have been ok financial however l could be sometime returning to my small business and that scares me too. I am blessed l don't have a small or growing family it's just me so that elevates some stress although l have a nephew l have been helping out since he found his mothers body his mother my sister and lost himself. I feel blessed to be able to give him my love and support but l am nervous about the next couple of mths. I always believed that if we do good and do the right things good things happen and God provides. You and your family are in my prayers and l really hope things workout for you without added financial stresses and burden.
Xx hang in there.. some how some where we have to believe and trust in the process although it can be really hard at times.

My surgeon told me 6months before I can work with a chainsaw and I am self employed so no money for 6 months is a real pain so I completely understand your concern.

Gotta kick the wife out the house to work while I'll do the fucking laundry and baby sit... haha

Latest posts

Back