A Good week!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markp66

-Went to cardiologist last week- heart looks great and all fine post op "The best it's looked for years"...!!
-Heart rate has steadily been going down and is now 80bpm which is fine.
-I've lost weight for the first time in 3 months- BMI is in the middle of the normal range again!
-Got my INR machine sorted for free on the NHS including testing strips etc. No more visits to get my blood tested.
-Blood pressure was slightly high(138/85) and now on Losartan for 3 months to bring this down. Hopefully in that time I will be fitter, healthier and not need these. I've been told there are very few side effects compared to most drugs and it apparently improves memory and protects the aortic tissue! Apparently this is also a good drug for marfan patients (I'm not, I have or should I say had a bicuspid valve) as it potentially slows the progression of aortic aneurysms.
-Sorted my online prescriptions, no more visits to the doctors to pick them up, they will be posted to me every month!
-The thumping in my chest from my heart valve has significantly gone down in the past few weeks. I barely notice my valve now, although I can still hear it at night when laying on my left side (completely silent on my right side!). Apart from my girlfriend and one of my doctor friends nobody has noticed my valve, even in small, silent rooms!
Got my yearly prescriptions sorted which works out cheaper than paying for individual prescriptions. You save about £60 per year if have more than one med (at least pays for a good meal!)
-Annual worldwide travel insurance sorted. Only £125 for the year which covers EVERYTHING! I have lots of quotes from different companies if anyone in the uk needs them.

All in all a good week last week! Hope everyone else is getting on well, especially those who have had surgery in the last few months. It's not easy but it's certainly not the end of the world like some believe!

Thanks. All going well so far and hope it continues that way!! Same goes for everyone on here!

Cheers, markp66! Glad to hear that you are on the mends! Keep sharing the good news and wealth!

Scott

Latest posts

Back