A good milestone today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

I was able to take my '68 mustang out for a cruise today! Usually I have it out by March/April once the salt gets washed away on the roads but with my surgery that had to wait. I did start driving at 6 weeks post op but did not trust myself until today to drive the '68. Sure is nice feeling almost normal again! Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks post op.
So those people just a few weeks post op and still feel yucky, give it time because you will feel better soon! Now the next milestone is to get the motorcycle out, maybe later this week or next.

I'm glad you reached another milestone. Those are the things we gotta look forward to. They may seem like little baby steps to others, but are so huge to us. Keep up the good work. Im 2 weeks post op today and set a goal for myself everyday. It keeps me going and makes me feel like i'm progressing. Congrats. Hope you get on that bike soon.

Glad to hear you are getting better daily. Do you use more chest musles to ride a bike? I would think so. I'm sure driving felt good, nothing like having that get up and go feeling of freedom.
Hope all goes well when you plunge into riding your motorcyle. :)

Getting out the Mustang is good medicine. :)
How are your night time rhythm issues?

Thank you for asking! My arrhythmia's are just about gone. I get a few here and there but very rarely now. So I think I turned the corner on that!

Glad to hear you are getting better daily. Do you use more chest musles to ride a bike? I would think so. I'm sure driving felt good, nothing like having that get up and go feeling of freedom.
Hope all goes well when you plunge into riding your motorcyle. :)

Actually I don't think you use as much chest muscles on a bike then you do on a car. I will certainly take it easy around the block first before I go any further. God bless,

Glad to hear you are getting around so well. I take it that car does not have power steering? Don't overdo it! Good luck with your future progress. :D

Glad to hear you are getting around so well. I take it that car does not have power steering? Don't overdo it! Good luck with your future progress. :D

She has power steering thank God! Otherwise I don't think I would be driving her for a few more weeks. It does not have power brakes though (drums all around) so my leg is getting a good work out. The car is just hard to get into since it has the huge original steering wheel and the mustang was not made for tall people :D

Good to read about your progress. Thanks for posting it.

Best wishes...(careful on the bike but do it!)

Jim

Thank you Jim, I will certainly be careful on the bike. Of course I am thinking, on warfarin and riding a motorcycle, hmmmmm, not to sure about that? I am hoping I will be off warfarin soon!

Bikes are actually easier on the body than the typical car is. I have only putted around town a little bit with a couple of my bikes so far & there has been zero issues.

That is what I was planning on doing, just taking some short rides. I was able to change the oil on the bike today, not very easy to do when you can not bend like you used too!

Rode the motorcycle today and I survived! Did not go too far but it sure was nice to ride again.

You must be doing great!! Glad you had a good ride. Keep up the good work, God is sooo good all the time even the pleasures we do have he blesses us with them. He's just amazing!! :D

You must be doing great!! Glad you had a good ride. Keep up the good work, God is sooo good all the time even the pleasures we do have he blesses us with them. He's just amazing!! :D

Thank you Crystal! Yes, God is great all the time!!! He has blessed us sooooo much! No matter what problems come our way, He is there for us!
God bless,

I was able to take my '68 mustang out for a cruise today!

Oh....NICE! You're ahead of me ... I haven't had my older 4 MCs out yet this year, but SOON!!!!! ... if the weather and no plans cooperate on the weekend, for a change ;).

Course, I'm not missing them TOO much yet ... since my '87 MC LS/CL is still my daily driver :).

Good that you are doing better! :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

Latest posts

Back