A-Fib and PVCS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caterb85

I was just wondering if anyone has had A-fib out of the blue years after surgery. My husband went to have his pacemaker checked and they said he had a-fib for a day and then 2 months later had pvcs for extended period. He hasn't had A-fib since a week after surgery, although he has been haveing pvcs off and on over the years. The electroligist is sending him for echo, but didn't seem to overly concerned. Has anyone else with aortic mech. valve surgery have this happen years after surgery. Any ideas what could have caused it. He feels find and if it wouldn't have been for the pacemacker check he would not have known that this has even happened.

I can't speak from the experience of aortic surgery, but I had my mitral valve repaired almost 5 years ago, and in 2009 I was diagnosed suddenly with A-Fib. From my understanding, the A-Fib has been caused by surgery; scar tissue that formed around my annuloplasty ring (the device keeping my own valve stablized and non-leaky) caused the disruption in my heart's electrical "system" and therefore caused the A-Fib.

I can sometimes feel the A-Fib and sometimes I can't, but either way, I feel OK.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Debi, The Dr. told us that it could come from scarring or blockage. He had an echo 2 years ago and everything was fine. They said his ejection fracture is still doing well and that that is a good thing. How often does your a-fib happen? Shouldn't his pacemaker help with the pvcs and a-fib. Thanks for responding, do you have to take any meds?

Latest posts

Back