A conversation with Dr. Alain F. Carpentier - Charlie Rose

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you , Ken!

Thank you , Ken!

ken said:
http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2007/12/25/1/a-conversation-with-dr-alain-f-carpentier

A conversation with Dr. Alain F. Carpentier. In 2006, Dr. Carpentier performed an emergency mitral valve repair procedure on Charlie Rose.

Thank you Ken for this wonderful link. Dr. Carpentier has been to Inova Fairfax helping with the heart program particularly teaching the " French Correction" or mitral valve repair. Dr. Lefrak also took his entire team of assistants, nurses, perfusionists, etc. to Paris to work in and observe Dr. Carpentiers surgery. That is the primary reason I chose to have my mitral valve surgery at Inova rather than go to Cleveland, Hopkins, Mayo, etc. I never had a chance to meet or talk to Dr. Carpentier. Again, thanks! P.S. My valve was so beat up Dr. Lefrak felt a repair not a good idea. So I have a mechanical which has served me well. Warfarin has been only a minor inconveniece with no ill effects whatsoever.

My surgeon, Michel Pellerin, did a two-year fellowship under Alain Carpentier from 1993 to 1995, so I not only thank my surgeon, but I thank Dr. Carpentier for his innovative mitral valve repair techniques!!!:D

I cant seem to make the link work, anyone else having trouble?

Latest posts

Back