8 days post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i am finally home with a inr of 2.6 and an iv bag every six hours loaded with antibotics for endocarditis. it appears i got an infection from dental work done in sept 2008. i am on the road to recovery and i thank everyone for the kind responses they really lifted me up. to correct a few things from my first post i had an avr and mvr replacements with mechanicals. May I suggest that you add a signature to your posts with this info...you can go to UCER CP, click 'edit signature', add info about date of surgery, where (if you like), age then, what is the type of valves, ect. You may look at other members' signatures to get an idea:)dont know the sizes and all the specifics yet but will soon Once you receive the card, you can again edit the signature and add this info. oh by the way when do you finally learn to live with the clicking noise i can hear and feel. again thanks for the responses.

Chuck, glad to hear about your improvement and may you continue feeling better and healthier.

Glad to hear you are home and on the mend but sorry for what you've been through. Hopefully, the worst is over and it will all be smooth sailing. Let us know how you are doing.

Hi Chuck,
Glad your home, hope you now start to feel better. Im just laughing about what you wrote about the clicking noise, i had my op for the same as you,4 months ago and at first it drove me mad and still does sometimes, but you do forget and dont notice it all the time, others seem to notice it more than me and do coment on it and i say well at least i know its working, the problems start when you dont hear it lol.
Take Care the worst is over now and you will continue to get better.
Jane

Hi I'm Chuck from Niagara Falls, NY. Monday 2/25/2009 I had replacement mitral valve, aortic valve and bicuspid, lots of bleeding and back to surgery later the same day. Two days later while going to shower I went into atrial fib. and back to ICU.

Wow! That's a lot to have done -- an aortic AND mitral valve replaced!

They had you take a shower two DAYS after a major surgery with bad complications?

Well, you're a double clicker so of course it's louder for you. Anyway, it will take a few months for the clicking to soften up. The valves need to settle. I thought I sounded like TickTock, the crocodile in Peter Pan. I don't hear it much anymore, except sometimes in the bathroom.

BTW, those antibiotics can either elevate or reduce your INR, so you can expect dosage adjustments when the antibiotics are done, too.

You've been through a lot, so take it easy for a few weeks. Remember, it takes about 12 months to fully heal.

Latest posts

Back