6 month echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbb

Here I go, my first test since my OHS Nov. 29th 2007. Feeling slightly nervous, because I never had 1 symptom (other than heart murmur before my surgery) and they found the dreaded anyeursm through the echo previously. But I must say, I think I am feeling better than I ever have in my life! So I know all should go well. I really do feel pretty fantastic, great energy, able to work out, do everything I want to. Based on that, I am wishing myself a equally great report from my cardiologist. Will keep you all posted..

Best wishes, Betsy

Betsy,
You will do great! So don't worry. You and I share the same hospital for OHS, the same procedures (AVR and ascending aortic reduction), and the same valve; but I had a different surgeon. Please keep us informed about your results.
Take care,
John

A little anxiety before any test is understandable. But it sounds like you're doing great and so chances are the echo will be A-OK. Best wishes to you, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for all the great wishes. My 6 month echo was fine! The cardiologist just mentioned I still had some gradient, which was to be expected because a slightly smaller valve was used because it needed to fit inside the aorta, which was normal for women sometimes??? Anyway, he said I didn't need to see him again for one year and that all looked fine.

I thought a cat scan after one year was normal, to check out the aneurysm graft??

Anyway, thanks for all the wonderful support from vr.com!

Betsy

Yay!!! Sounds great!

But don't you hate it when they throw in some new mumbo jumbo...I swear, it's just to keep you thinking of them!! :D

Fine is FINE!! I remember my cardio said, yes, you look okay. I thought, OKAY??? How about Wow!! or Hallelulya!! or just about anything but....um...okay. :p:p

Keep up the good work! You are sailing through your life on a smooth breeze. Way to go!!! Enjoy!!!

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back