6-8 monthe checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjay32

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, I had my 6 month (make that 8 month) checkup. The Aortic aneurysm is still at 4.6cm. (ct scan) my echo shows my Aortic valve area down to 1.6 cm. (last echo it was 1.9) so I am having increased stenosis on this valve. I have a hunch this will trigger the surgery before the aneurysm does. And yes they finally but me on a beta blocker. we are starting out with 25 Mg of metorprolor er. I have been averaging about 139-143 systolic and 89 diastolic on the blood pressure end of things. So now we wait another year and see what has changed by then. still in the waiting room.

Jerome

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm in a similar spot with stenosis, but so far no detected problems with the aorta. My cardio has me on an angiotensin receptor blocker (Avalide) for high blood pressure. It took mine from 150/100 down to its current average of 110/72. No side effects, and has been controlled for several years now.

Might be worth a mention to your cardios. The only problem is that it isn't cheap, and there is not yet a generic. I'm lucky that my insurance covers most of the cost.

Praying for you all musketeers

Jerome thanks for your update

zipper2 (DEB)

Latest posts

Back