56 years clicking!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
Supporting Member
I almost missed posting my aortic valve birthday. Aug 16, 1967 I had an artificial mechanical valve implanted. That was back in the "Dinosaur age" of OHS. Back then they didn't even put serial numbers on the valves. Several years ago I asked for a wallet card that had medical info should I have a serious accident or illness. After much arm twisting I finally got my wallet card........my valve serial number is UNK-178, model UNK-Starrew. I think the UNK stands for "unknown".........so I guess the docs will have to wait 'till they do an autopsy to find out what I have that lasted so long:giggle:.

For those of you who are chasing my record, I've raised the bar.........but I do hope each of you beat my record. Since I'm going on 88 I doubt I will add many more years to the record...........but only the "Shadow knows". You young folks probably don't know the Shadow, but he was popular on the radio (you do remember AM radios ??)

I continue to post these anniversaries for the newbies to show that mechanical valves can, and do, last a lifetime. Over the years I have done everything I could to make it hard on my valve :alien::devilish::cool:.......and it continued to tick.

Well done Dick!!

and btw, 56 features in my consciousness ...
1692254486807.png

1692254505819.png

1692254535352.png

1692254555296.png

but Dick ... how do you stand the ticking ;-)

I almost missed posting my aortic valve birthday. Aug 16, 1967 I had an artificial mechanical valve implanted. That was back in the "Dinosaur age" of OHS. Back then they didn't even put serial numbers on the valves. Several years ago I asked for a wallet card that had medical info should I have a serious accident or illness. After much arm twisting I finally got my wallet card........my valve serial number is UNK-178, model UNK-Starrew. I think the UNK stands for "unknown".........so I guess the docs will have to wait 'till they do an autopsy to find out what I have that lasted so long:giggle:.

For those of you who are chasing my record, I've raised the bar.........but I do hope each of you beat my record. Since I'm going on 88 I doubt I will add many more years to the record...........but only the "Shadow knows". You young folks probably don't know the Shadow, but he was popular on the radio (you do remember AM radios ??)

I continue to post these anniversaries for the newbies to show that mechanical valves can, and do, last a lifetime. Over the years I have done everything I could to make it hard on my valve :alien::devilish::cool:.......and it continued to tick.
I remember AM radio well from the 60's and 70's..My dad loved the Shadow--may he rest in peace--died in 2001 at age 75.. That's a long time-we moved to California that year--summer of love and Pet Sounds and Sgt Pepper came out that year)

Unbelievable Dick!!! Congratulations! We are all rooting for you to keep on tickin' into the triple digits!

I continue to post these anniversaries for the newbies to show that mechanical valves can, and do, last a lifetime. Over the years I have done everything I could to make it hard on my valve :alien::devilish::cool:.......and it continued

Back