Quantcast

5 Years!

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Dodger Fan

I haven't been on here in a while, but today is the five year anniversary of my open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve with a St. Jude Mechanical Valve. My surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Tyner at Scripps Green in La Jolla, CA told my wife that I had a "drop dead valve" so it's safe to say I wouldn't be here without this surgery. I've run 22 races (including 2 half marathons) since, so I guess it worked.

Chuck C

Congratulations!!
This is great news and very glad that your valve is working great and that you are able to have such an active life.
I think that you meant to say Dr. John Tyner? Unless perhaps he has a brother also doing valve surgery at Scripps.
I have heard really good things about Dr. Tyner and plan to have a consult with him at some point. One thing I do when consulting with a cardiologist is ask them if they themselves had to have OHS, who would they choose. My cardiologist at Scripps did not hesitate to say Dr. John Tyner. I ask the same question of the techs when I get my echos- they have seen it all and I have found them to be great resources- the tech at Scripps told me the same thing- Tyner.

Keep up the running and the healthy living!

Dodger Fan

Congratulations!!
This is great news and very glad that your valve is working great and that you are able to have such an active life.
I think that you meant to say Dr. John Tyner? Unless perhaps he has a brother also doing valve surgery at Scripps.
I have heard really good things about Dr. Tyner and plan to have a consult with him at some point. One thing I do when consulting with a cardiologist is ask them if they themselves had to have OHS, who would they choose. My cardiologist at Scripps did not hesitate to say Dr. John Tyner. I ask the same question of the techs when I get my echos- they have seen it all and I have found them to be great resources- the tech at Scripps told me the same thing- Tyner.

Keep up the running and the healthy living!
I highly recommend him. When you meet him, he'll introduce himself as Jeff. Everyone who works for him and worships calls him Dr. Tyner. Most don't realize he goes by Jeff. It's it his Scripps Bio. I'm guessing we've had echo techs in common since I've been going to Scripps for over 20 years. Here's his bio Dr. John Tyner - La Jolla, San Diego - (scripps.org)

Soulfeelings

I see we had the same surgeon (well for at one of my operations). Jalali is quite an amazing fellow. More energy than a young bull.
Pellet lm new here only yesterday, still trying to find my way on the site n probably doing things the wrong way lol. I didn't have Jalali, hubby has him this month n he also did my nephew twice back in 2002 n about 2010.

Chuck C

I highly recommend him. When you meet him, he'll introduce himself as Jeff. Everyone who works for him and worships calls him Dr. Tyner. Most don't realize he goes by Jeff. It's it his Scripps Bio. I'm guessing we've had echo techs in common since I've been going to Scripps for over 20 years. Here's his bio Dr. John Tyner - La Jolla, San Diego - (scripps.org)
Ok, that makes perfect sense. He seems like an amazing surgeon. Does he prefer full sternotomy or minimally invasive, if you don't mind?

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
VR.org Supporter
All that and a Dodger World Series victory, too! Congrats, Dodger Fan, and best wishes for many more (valversaries, that is -- being a Cardinals fan, can't wish you a bunch more Dodger titles).

Latest posts