5 Years since repair.....should I care?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camgough

Today is 5 years since my aneurysm was replaced, my aortic valve was repaired and I had many complications. Sounds bad, but I can and should forget this date since my Feb 2015 aortic valve replacement has left me feeling good! Out with the old and in with the new! 2 OHS in 5 years is too many!

If you were like me, if you didn't have the first OHS, you would have only had <5 months. Good to hear you're fixed now. However, with me, one thing is fixed and then another blows out, put at least we're still in the game :)

I had one 2 years ago (valve sparing aneurysm) and doubt I will make it to 5 years before I will have to have my valve replaced. It started leaking right after the surgery and gets worse every appointment. Whatever, it is what it is. I still feel lucky that I have something that can be fixed. Every day above ground is a great day!

You sholuld be very proud of that date, remember the Zipper Club? You are a part of it and we remember our dates and it is a time to celebrate being ALIVE!

Latest posts

Back