5 month Post-Surgery Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmonteag

I have a 5 month checkup next week. Did the echo to get ready for the check and of course the tech wouldn't even give me the slightest clue what the results were looking like. Naturally I am worried. Last time I had an echo it started the whole process of learning that I had a bicuspid valve and needing surgery. It was not a fun afternoon and just brought back all the insecurities I had prior to the surgery. My pre-surgery EF was 44%, mildly enlarged heart and severe regurgitation. I'm not really sure what to expect from this echo. The surgeon told me that the post-surgery echo showed that the regurgitation had stopped and that was 5 months ago. I feel good. Go to the gym 5 days a week and do about 60 minutes of cardio. All on the elliptical machine with about 3 1/2 minute jog tossed in there. I gained all me weight back : ( and with the Coreg my heart rate never gets above 110 so its been difficult to the lose the weight. I get the occasional episodes of SOB and I assume thats from the vascular system reshaping itself..Im hoping for an EF of 44% but wouldnt be surprised if it has gone down while everything is getting reshaped. Wanted to give you all an update..

I know how you feel about the wait for the echo results. I had mine last Monday, and have been anxiously waiting this whole week for the 3 month checkup with my cardiologist on this coming Monday. Due to one episode with a racing heart after exercise sending me to urgent care, where they found nothing, I am particularly anxious to learn the results. I asked my cardio if he could take a look and give me a summary before the actual appointment, but he is clearly a very busy doctor, so he never did. I feel good though, but it took a while to build back up confidence without knowing the echo results. The episode made me over-sensitive to my heartbeat and breathing while exercising.

I am sure everything is fine with both our results! I certainly feel much stronger than at the 3 week echo, which already showed good progress.

Had my visit with the doctor today and was told my EF was at 53% and that everything was working the way it should be working. There were no abnormal results in the echo. My heart shrank is now in the normal range. Was told the sky is the limit when it comes to physical activity. I can now ride roller coasters!!! Feeling very relieved!!

Latest posts

Back