42 years=one billion three hundred million+ HEART BEATS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
Supporting Member
Aug 16, 1967 - Aug 16, 2009

I have a slow heart rate and base on approx. 60 beats a minute, my one and only mechanical valve, has completed 1,324,512,000 cycles.:eek:

I post this for you recent valve recipients and for those of you who may be facing OHS. When your cardio or surgeon tells you that your mechanical valve will last a lonnnnnggggg time....he "ain't blowin' smoke".;):D

I am posting this a day before my "valversary" 'cause I've got a golf T-time tomorrow.:cool:

WOW the beat goes on and keep the ball rolling;)
Congratulations and God Bless you on this special milestone:)

Now, if I get 42 years out of mine, I will be 94 - hey, that's possible!

Congratulations, I think the most inspirational thing is that you have no limitations on your lifestyle; heck, playing golf on your 42nd valversary ain't a bad way to show us all, especially those in the waiting room, what can be done.

Now, if I get 42 years out of mine, I will be 94 - hey, that's possible!

Congratulations, I think the most inspirational thing is that you have no limitations on your lifestyle; heck, playing golf on your 42nd valversary ain't a bad way to show us all, especially those in the waiting room, what can be done.

I'd be 104, but I bet Dick will still be playing golf at that age. Happy valversary !

Holy Smoke!!! Thanks for sharing that Dick ... I am sure people trying to decide on mechanical vs tissue will use this information .... wishing you many more clicks and ticks:)

Aug 16, 1967 - Aug 16, 2009

I have a slow heart rate and base on approx. 60 beats a minute, my one and only mechanical valve, has completed 1,324,512,000 cycles.:eek:

I post this for you recent valve recipients and for those of you who may be facing OHS. When your cardio or surgeon tells you that your mechanical valve will last a lonnnnnggggg time....he "ain't blowin' smoke".;):D

I am posting this a day before my "valversary" 'cause I've got a golf T-time tomorrow.:cool:

Oh no, your as bad as me. I sit down and calculate that stuff too.

Congratulations on the anniversary!

Happy Valversary Dick! What an inspiration you are. Keep that record climbing higher, so I can shoot to pass it some day! ;) :D

Amazing and what an inspiration! Happy 42nd valversary to you Dick!! Wishing you another 40 + years of ticking away.

Enjoy your golf game. You deserve it!

Latest posts

Back