4 days in hospital and still no definite answers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char2mar

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I just spent the last 4 days in the hospital. I was experiencing wicked chest pain and neck pain so I took my chances on yet another trip to the ER. This time they admitted me. I guess the chest xray showed something funky with my aorta. They thought perhaps I had the beginning of a dissection. I ended up getting a TEE and an angiogram done. Goods news was that my aorta was not dissecting nor do I have CAD. Bad new was that I have mild AS with calcifcation on the valve and dilation of the aortic root and ascending aorta. My arotic regurgitation was classified as moderate. They told me that they were at a loss as to why I am having the chest and neck pain (right carotid artery is swollen) and told me that my internist will have to figure that one out. I see him on the 9 th of March. I was told to take 650 mg of asprin (coated) 4 times a day for a month and see if it helps. (what do you think of that???) So here I sit with a sore and grossly bruised groin and a sore throat from the TEE and still haven't learned anything more. Could the pain I have been expericening be caused by the AS or the dilated aorta? What kind of questions should I be asking the internist? Sorry I am being so needy but if anyone out there can shed some light on my chest pain I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Char.

Hi Char - sorry to read what you've been through.... especially since they couldn't give you any answers, although I guess at least they could tell you what wasn't the problem. I guess you can only try the asprin and see if it helps at all.

Sending positive thoughts your way....
Anna : )

Hello!

I do know someone who had an enlarged aorta, which caused him significant pain. Went on meds, the aorta stopped dilating, and I believe shrank a bit. (he had high blood pressure). He is doing fine now, 3 years later.
Marybeth

Latest posts

Back